What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Fiji

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I seriously hope Hayne elects to play for Fiji for next years WC. It will be a huge boost for the tournament.

If this is the case he will be able to play against Samoa in October too.

adamkungl

Immortal
Would perhaps restore some public goodwill from those that are hating on him too. Good for his 'brand'.

Pommy

Coach
He has a dream to play for Scotland at the world cup.
It would be a bit of a joke if he plays for the Kangaroos though, hopefully he has made in his bed and lies in it by playing for Fiji. He would certainly earn some respect from me if he does.

adamkungl

Immortal
Why would it be a joke if he plays for the Roos.. they're the first and last international RL team he played for, and he was born in Sydney.

Pommy

Coach
Why would it be a joke if he plays for the Roos.. they're the first and last international RL team he played for, and he was born in Sydney.

For me it's a joke that he was Fijian 3 weeks now he's Australian? Play for Fiji be a hero or be a sell out and play for the Roos.
Just my opinion of course.

adamkungl

Immortal
Get used to it, when the RLIFs new eligiblity laws come through this will be the standard...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Would be nice to think he will do the right thing and play for Fiji but you know he will go where the money is.

Billythekid

First Grade
Or he could play for the country he was born and raised in?

I agree that there is nothing wrong with Hayne playing for Australia. It's just funny considering a few weeks ago it was his dream to represent Fiji. Really he cares about making money and his ego.

I think it would be cool if Hayne does play for Fiji but I'm not too bothered either way. It's just funny watching how fast someone's rhetoric can change.

adamkungl

Immortal
We get it you don't agree. Just play for any country it makes no odds.

Look i'll be happy if he plays for Fiji it would be good for the game and make no difference to Australia.
But as someone who was born and raised in Australia, and played the vast majority of his Int RL for Australia, it's hard to see how him playing for Fiji is a superior moral decision as being set up by some people in here. It doesn't even make sense since the vast majority of people in here want a one-nation-for-life rule - his first test was for Australia.
What he did in Union is irrelevant for this sport.

Pommy

Coach
Look i'll be happy if he plays for Fiji it would be good for the game and make no difference to Australia.
But as someone who was born and raised in Australia, and played the vast majority of his Int RL for Australia, it's hard to see how him playing for Fiji is a superior moral decision as being set up by some people in here. It doesn't even make sense since the vast majority of people in here want a one-nation-for-life rule - his first test was for Australia.
What he did in Union is irrelevant for this sport.

In your opinion.

Latest posts