What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Cayless retires

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saw it on twitter from official Tigers twitter account.

I wonder if he was on much coin, and if so, I wonder if we'll use it to resign Lawry?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jay Cay was on a coke and donut...

he wasn't on big money at all.

good luck to him.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
No loss but dont like to see anyone leave the game due to injury.

I still marvel at WT medical clearances given to Tupou and Cayless before their signing by WT. WT took a punt but jeez, most could tell they were past it and previous injuries had taken too much of a toll.

Thanks for ther memories - but none were whilst at WT.

I hope we have learnt a lesson.

Tiger Crazy

Juniors
Sorry to hear about Cayless at his best he was a good footballer Could somebody please answer this question?? the money that we won't be spent on Cayless and Tuiaki is that still included in this years salary cap ??

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tuiaki i believe yes, Cayless i believe no (I think he only signed a one year deal)

Perth Tiger

Bench
Too bad. He was worth the gamble but it didn't turn out for us.

Still he had a bloody good career and should be proud of his efforts

Bricey

Juniors
just bumped the off contract thread up for current discussion

if the contract length that MU posted earlier is correct, then yes, Cayless will be included in the current salary cap

Not sure on tuiaki though, because he had spent a year on the sidelines and would depend on his contract. Doubt that he would have been in the nominated top 25 players.....

That being said though, we are talking about the tigers..... so who knows!

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Regarding Tuiaki, I believe there may be a clause in the Cap that allows a contract like Tuiaki's to be exempt from the Cap because of the length of his injury. I'm of the belief that his salary wasn't entirely included last year let alone this year.

Borat.

Juniors
They were both on nothing in any case- mostly incentive based-Cayless I thought had a 1 year contract with the club having the option of the another year....

westie

Bench
No loss but dont like to see anyone leave the game due to injury.

I still marvel at WT medical clearances given to Tupou and Cayless before their signing by WT. WT took a punt but jeez, most could tell they were past it and previous injuries had taken too much of a toll.

Thanks for ther memories - but none were whilst at WT.

I hope we have learnt a lesson.

They were on less than peanuts. Had they come good they'd have been walk up starters. At their best their were awesome footballers. We also gave Pat Richards a contract when he was crocked. He ended up being arguably our best winger ever and is arguably now the best in the world.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
They were on less than peanuts. Had they come good they'd have been walk up starters. At their best their were awesome footballers. We also gave Pat Richards a contract when he was crocked. He ended up being arguably our best winger ever and is arguably now the best in the world.

Fair enough but I cant recall now whether prior to Pat Richards signing that he had his contract terminated with his previous club due to 'career ending injury'. That was definitely the case with Tupou and possibly Cayless.

Where I get riled is the statements by WT management on their signing is that they have been thhoroughly checked by the medical staff and been cleared for plauing. The player then plays a game or two (at best) and then goes down with injury for a long period and makes a mockery of that statement. Not a good look for a professional club. I woujldnt mind if they just say we've taken a punt on them coming good rather than lie and say they're medically cleared and fit to play.

Latest posts