What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Nightingale Appreciation Thread

Crush

Coach
He might be slower than most wingers and unable to score a long range run away try but give him a sniff near the try line and he'll find the line alright! Don't underestimate the value of a smart, experienced winger like the master nightingale!
Love him

Drakon

Juniors
I wasn't a fan of him staying for another year, too slow.
But jeez he's proved me wrong, if there's another winger his age in the comp who still knows where the try line is, point him out.

He will forever have my respect for sticking around during the Sailor debacle.
Always been a fan of Nighty.

And I agree, he will always have my respect for both the way he carried himself through the Sailor issue and the fact that he stayed as Red and White as ever!

If Dugan is the best fullback in the club, Nighty is the best winger - by far.

What he brings to the club and team more than makes up for a yard or two of lost pace.

I'll be sorry to see him retire.

Up there with the greatest Dragons wingers of all time.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I really hope the club has planned or he's going to plan a big day at Kogarah in round 23 - to thank Nighty and to celebrate his 100th try.
Presentation etc someone surely gathered up the 100th try ball. Would be nicecto present it to him
Let's have a Nighty's day. Some banners maybe some Nighty 100 masks for kids or something like that.
Would make our final game at Kogarah for 2017 very special and i think it would be a capacity crowd as well.

getsmarty

Immortal
Nightingale honoured to extend Dragons stay
Thu 6th July, 07:15AM
A A

St George Illawarra are pleased to announced that winger Jason Nightingale has re-signed with the Dragons for a further season, at least to the end of the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership season, his 12th season in the NRL.

Nightingale, 30, who made his NRL debut for the Club in 2007, has played 237 NRL games to date, placing him behind only Ben Hornby (273), Ben Creagh (270) and Matt Cooper (243) on the Club’s all-time appearance record. He has scored 101 career tries, third in Club history behind only Matt Cooper (124) and Brett Morris (112).

The local junior from Renown United in the St George District has played 31 Tests for New Zealand and is excited and honoured at the prospect of remaining a one-club player at the Dragons and helping the young talent at the Club.

“It looks like it will be the only Club I will ever play for and I’m very excited to be a part of this great Club for so many years,” Nightingale said.

“I feel very honoured to be able to continue my journey with the Dragons and to have the opportunity to help nurture the future Dragons as we have some great talent coming through the pathways at our Club.

“I’m looking forward to finishing my journey, as they are midway through theirs, and seeing what great things they can provide and what great achievements we can gain as a Club,” added Nightingale.

“It’s very exciting to think of the times we have ahead to build toward some finals and premierships”.

Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward said Nightingale's signature was important for the Club, particularly for the younger outside backs at the Club.

"Jason has been outstanding for this Club in every aspect both on and off the field for a long period of time and it is great that he has chosen to sign for a further year,” said Millward.

“He is one of the most consistent players at our Club, he is a leader who contributes positively every week and we are excited that he has chosen to stay at the Club, ” added Millward.

"With a lot of younger guys coming into our squad next year, we couldn't afford to lose Jason's experience as a senior leader – in the next 12 months he'll play a crucial part in their development and nurturing," Millward said.

Nightingale joins the likes of skipper Gareth Widdop, Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Paul Vaughan, Tim Lafai, Kurt Mann, Tyson Frizell, Jai Field, Jacob Host, Blake Lawrie and Luciano Leilua who have extended their contracts this season.

In addition, the Club has also signed Queensland Cup outside back Jordan Pereira on an 18-month contract.

Pereira, 24, has a background in rugby union and league and presently leads the Mackay Cutters in metres gained (2092m) this season and has scored eight tries.

“Jordan can play wing or centre, he is skilful, runs through ball very aggressively and has been outstanding in the Queensland Cup this season,” said Millward.

“He is a great athlete, versatile with a real attitude and desire to improve and play the game at the highest level,” added Millward.

Pereira’s contract was registered last Friday, June 30 and joined the Dragons today, Thursday.

The Club also agreed to release Shaun Nona and Chris Lewis from the remainder of their current playing contracts prior to June 30.

“Chris and Shaun both requested an early release which has been granted to take up opportunities in the Queensland Cup,” said Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward.

“We wish both Chris and Shaun the very best for their future and thank them for their contributions to our Club.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/07/06/nightingale_honoured.html

getsmarty

Immortal
Nightingale earns Dragons contract extension

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

6 Jul 2017, 8:24 a.m.
r0_0_3000_1933_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

STAYING PUT: Jason Nightingale has re-signed with the Dragons for another season. Picture: Getty Images

EVERGREEN Dragons winger Jason Nightingale’s NRL career will extend into a 12th season after the 30-year-old inked a one-year contract extension with the club this week.

Rusted on red v fans will welcome the news that will put the Kiwi International within reach of Ben Hornby’s all-time appearances record of 273 games.

It also put him within touching distance of Matt Cooper’s 124 tries, the most for the club.

It all but assures the the Renown United junior will finish his career as a one-club player.

“It looks like it will be the only club I will ever play for and I’m very excited to be a part of this great club for so many years,” Nightingale said.

“I feel very honoured to be able to continue my journey with the Dragons and to have the opportunity to help nurture the future Dragons as we have some great talent coming through the pathways at our Club.

“I’m looking forward to finishing my journey, as they are midway through theirs, and seeing what great things they can provide and what great achievements we can gain as a club.”

“It’s very exciting to think of the times we have ahead to build toward some finals and premierships.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4774104/nightingale-earns-contract-extension/?cs=3713

thebigredv

First Grade
I can see him getting bagged a lot from now until his retirement (for being slow and not being James Roberts) but in an age where loyalty is dead, where consistency is so hard to find, and where players no longer bleed for the Dragons, I say, this is fantastic news. My favourite, and I know a lot of others' favourite player - Jason Nightingale. You are a legend.

Latest posts