What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith charged cocaine trafficking

El Diablo

Post Whore
Every other executive in the NRL, AFL, A league, Super 15, cricket etc are thinking 2 things at the moment.

1). There but for the grace of god go i

And

2) i hope none my players have been caught or been this stupid

Hunt was playing AFL when he supposedly did this and has now been stood down by the Reds

did you forget him?

Someone

Bench
I always thought Greg Bird ran good lines.

whIEB.gif

seanoff

Juniors
Hunt was playing AFL when he supposedly did this and has now been stood down by the Reds

did you forget him?

Nope. The people at the suns are definitely in that first group becuase the banner says Reds. So the vast majority will see him as a reds player. Thats just how it is.

Is that fair? I dont know. Is life fair, not often but thats how it rolls.

did annerserly do anything to deserve this. Not that we know of, but the stain is on him, poor bugger. With his background he is probably thinking wtf have i done to deserve this, esp after being involved in league for years and this is my lot.

Every other exec in every pro sports organisation in australia ( and the world for that matter) knows they have players who are doing dumb things. And they're all praying those people dont get done on their watch. Or if they do get done they are somewhere else by the time it happens.

These guys know each other and they are not as insular as some on here, so they would trade gossip, player managemet tips etc amongst themselves across sports, because essentially they all face the same issues. This is one of those issues.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Nope. The people at the suns are definitely in that first group becuase the banner says Reds. So the vast majority will see him as a reds player. Thats just how it is.

Is that fair? I dont know. Is life fair, not often but thats how it rolls.

did annerserly do anything to deserve this. Not that we know of, but the stain is on him, poor bugger. With his background he is probably thinking wtf have i done to deserve this, esp after being involved in league for years and this is my lot.

Every other exec in every pro sports organisation in australia ( and the world for that matter) knows they have players who are doing dumb things. And they're all praying those people dont get done on their watch. Or if they do get done they are somewhere else by the time it happens.

These guys know each other and they are not as insular as some on here, so they would trade gossip, player managemet tips etc amongst themselves across sports, because essentially they all face the same issues. This is one of those issues.

it doesn't matter how people see it he was an AFL player when it supposedly happened and is being reported that way

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-training-duties/story-fnlhav6e-1227234517667

Hunt?s alleged cocaine crimes were committed in a five-week period last year while he was still under contract to the Gold Coast Suns AFL team.

effnic

Bench
You would be shocked to see how many players from ALL clubs get on the rack.
When your young with all that money and all that time on your hands nothing beats getting a bag ;)

Wizardman

First Grade
You would be shocked to see how many players from ALL clubs get on the rack.
When your young with all that money and all that time on your hands nothing beats getting a bag ;)

I agree. No person can tell me that the Titans are the only "evil" club that has players taking the stuff. Titans are simply unlucky to be investigated.

Cocaine passes through the system very quickly so it is very hard to detect through drug testing.

betcats

Referee
Signing Greg Bird was the single biggest mistake the GC club made.

Michael Searle. Anyway f**k these idiots off and any other player caught doing it no matter how many they are. Also Nate Myles is a moron keep your mouth shut if you have nothing intelligent to say. Just making the game look worse.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It don't really care what anyone puts into their bodies but sportsmen need to be really careful not to be caught because of the over the top nature of modern media.

I feel for the players really. They are just 18-35 year old guys who happen to be very good at sports. There are a lot of tempting vices for that age group in society.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Player's lawyer says they deny everything and will fight for their innocence.

I think people have jumped the gun bigtime.

Canard

Immortal

Who wouldn't advise that at this stage.

This isn't ASADA though. This is actual law.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a prima facie evidence.

gregstar

Referee

:lol:

when was the last time you heard a lawyer come out when first interviewed and state his client is guilty?

betcats

Referee

If everyone who claimed to be inoccent was actually innocent then we would have empty jails.

Using the players and defence lawyers claims of innocence as some kind of proof this is a beat up show how f**king stupid you are.

I agree. No person can tell me that the Titans are the only "evil" club that has players taking the stuff. Titans are simply unlucky to be investigated.

Cocaine passes through the system very quickly so it is very hard to detect through drug testing.

Richard Ings who is the self proclaimed guru of testing said it stays for ages??

morley101

Juniors
How Long Does Cocaine Stay in Your System and Urine?

Cocaine usually gets eliminated from urine in 12 hours. However, if the dose is heavy, it may take about 72 hours. After this period it is usually not detected in urine.
However, there is an exception. If a large quantity of alcohol has also been consumed with cocaine, it takes even longer to eliminate- 5 days approximately. It also leads to the formation of a metabolite called Cocaethylene.

http://buddymd.com/benzoylecgonine-cocaine-drug-elimination-time-and-clearance

Latest posts