What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor on The Sharks

bull shark

Juniors
Just looking at the SMH and found this

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/the-chalkboard/the-sharks-are-doing-great-stuff-3206357.html

JT makes 2 interesting points:
1. The only teams travelling well at the moment are Storm, Broncs and Sharks.
2. It's not Carney that's made the difference but the rest of the team. In particular, Paul Gallen as a ball-playing forward. "It augurs well for the Sharks if Carney can start to play some good footy, because the players around him are doing some great stuff"

I personally think TC is playing really well, but JT puts forward an interesting view.

sharknows

Bench
I think Carney's prescence has lifted the others. He & Robson have given the team a better structure in attack. Our forwards are now seeing rewards for their hard work. Carney must be loving it with that pack in front of him.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think Carney's prescence has lifted the others. He & Robson have given the team a better structure in attack. Our forwards are now seeing rewards for their hard work. Carney must be loving it with that pack in front of him.

Without doubt.

It's becoming apparent he brings a lot of intangibles to the side. He's barely even tapped his into his overt skill set.

Miller Lite

Juniors
Mate, I'm really concerned about this week's game. Parra have been slammed from pillar to post and we've been lauded as top 4 all week.

God I hope someone at the club is drivin' 'round the Shire, buying up all the papers and torching them!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Parramatta are a rabble. As bad as any Sharks team from the last 5-6 years. Having said that even the Sharks won some games as rabble.

Can not see the Squeels getting within cooey this time though.

I'm also a bit worried. I hope the coach has been telling the players not to take the papers seriously and to concentrate on the reality of preparing for and playing football. I've seen all too often how media hype inflates the egos of footballers.

carcharias

Immortal
Hindmarsh looked like he'd all butt conceded defeat on tv last night.

Weird

They could easily flog us.

bull shark

Juniors
This team has a different "feel" to it.

What really impressed me in the Dragons game was how
professional they were for 80 minutes. They didn't go
into their shell and protect the lead - they kept trying
to score points. And on the other hand they didn't start
throwing the ball around with silly offloads and impossible
passes, like they were the Harlem Globetrotters.

From minute 1 to minute 80 they just worked hard together.
Can't remember the last time I saw a Sharks team play like
that.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Give me a leg up, Frenz.....I'm gunna piggyback on your optimism!!

UUC!

Ride the wave while it's there ML. It's out of character! :lol:

I am forever a realist though and there is no realistic way this Parramatta mob should come close in this.

Should be the Sharks first 30+ score for the year.

The opportunity here is to open the floodgates

Ausguy

Coach
I'm not worried. We will win this game. Won't flog them but enough to win. The team knows how important 5 in a row is. Also flange said last week how he has won 4 straight then lost the next 10 twice now. The win over dragons means nothing if we lose Sunday. We need this an then beat raiders before the bye ( is that draw right? I can't remember)

Card Shark

Immortal
Play the rabbits away on a Monday & Storm home on a Sunday before the bye, with the rep weekend next weekend.

Weaponhead

Coach
The only danger for us in this game is if we allow them a good start. Realistically, we have a far superior pack and are playing with confidence. Hayne is on one leg and if we have fast line speed we should be able to shut down Sandow and Roberts.

If we can win of the Souths/Storm games than we are in good shape going into the bye. Although it is never a good idea to count chickens as a Sharks fan.

island pro

Juniors
Common sense says the Sharks should win against the eels, but every fibre of my being says we will lose, that way if we lose, I can console myself by saying that I had seen it coming. I'm sure i'm not the only sharks fan with this subconscious defence mechanism.

cb4

First Grade
I will give out my first Ausguy negative post for the year and say we will lose this game.

And Parra will hit form.

SharkShocked

Bench
17,000 + Crowd expected
Sunny Afternoon (hopefully)

Sharks will win. They will not put in another performance like they did against Newcastle and disappoint another big crowd this year.

Get on em.

bull shark

Juniors
This team has a different "feel" to it.

What really impressed me in the Dragons game was how
professional they were for 80 minutes. They didn't go
into their shell and protect the lead - they kept trying
to score points. And on the other hand they didn't start
throwing the ball around with silly offloads and impossible
passes, like they were the Harlem Globetrotters.

From minute 1 to minute 80 they just worked hard together.
Can't remember the last time I saw a Sharks team play like
that.

Latest posts