What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jeff lima

T

Juniors
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/2907291/Warriors-miss-out-on-Jeff-Lima

EXCLUSIVE: THE Warriors have missed out on securing the services of Kiwis and Storm hard-hitter Jeff Lima, who now looks set to sign a deal with the Tigers.
The Storm prop is contracted to the Melbourne outfit for two more years but has been told the club will consider releasing him if he wants out.
His agent Sam Ayoub recently had discussions with the Warriors about the possibility of signing Lima but it's understood his preference would be to move back to Sydney.
"A little while ago, for personal reasons, Jeff asked if he could be released so he could move back to Sydney," Ayoub told Sunday News yesterday.
"Melbourne knocked him back at the time and said they wouldn't release him. As it turned out, he's sorted out his personal issues and remained down there.
"However, Melbourne have since come back and said they would consider letting him go to Sydney if he wants to.
"I spoke with (Warriors CEO) Wayne Scurrah and the Warriors did express an interest in Jeff.
"To be honest, though, I did convey to them that if Jeff was to leave the Storm it would be for the purpose of moving to Sydney."
Ayoub said it was possible Lima, who played for the Tigers in 2004, would move back to his old club.
"We've had some discussions with the Tigers just as we've had some talks with some other Sydney-based clubs as well," he said.
"In a sense, if it worked out, Jeff's initial preference would be to move to the Tigers because that's where he's come from and he has some very good friends there.
"It's for that reason we are potentially leaning towards the Tigers if we can make it happen."

Last edited by a moderator:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we sign Lima, then I reckon we'll have to pull out of signing Tuqiri.

Which in turn would leave us chasing Cayless.

A smarter option imo.

TimmyB

Juniors
Kind of agree.

Tuqiri would be great. However, with Benji, Lawrence, Tuiaki and Ayshford our backline already looks pretty potent. Chuck a very solid pack of Cayless, Lima, Galloway and Ellis on top of that and there's something to be excited about.

EDIT: Wouldn't surprise me if this already a completely sealed deal. It's hardly going to be announced whilst the Storm are on track for a premiership.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've never had quality depth up front.

If we can snare Cayless and Lima., we'll finally have it.

It may actually see players like Gibbs, Heighington and Payten pull their fingers out and work harder to keep their spots in the run on side.

Some inter-club competition for positions is something we've always lacked. It'll sort out the boys from the men.

DanOz

Juniors
Would love to hear Tigers signed Lima, and if that left cash to chase Cayless I'd much rather that than Tuqiri.

macnaz

Staff member
Kind of agree.

Tuqiri would be great. However, with Benji, Lawrence, Tuiaki and Ayshford our backline already looks pretty potent. .[/QUOTE
As long as the rumours about Lawrence are false, no good having a strong pack if we then weaken our backline.

munge

Juniors
good pack. if lima comes

8. gibbs
9. farah
10.galloway
11.heighno
12.ellis
13.fulton

14.moors
15.lima (i think one of lima or galloway has to start off as gibbs/payten dont have a real strong impact)
16.payten
17.flanagan

then theres also the possibility of cayless signing and im sure skando would pull on the boots if there was ever any dramas. then surely 1 or 2 of the 20s guys steps up as well as mataka and i think we have for the first time DECENT depth in the forwards. not like previous years where we apparently had too many backrowers, although that included guys like trimarchi etc w

RoMo

Juniors
I'd be all over us getting Lima
But then supercoach showed first time round he has no idea how to get the best out of players. Lima, Tandy are 2 that spring to mind ... couldn't get a run in our lame pack and go to Melbourne and win comps, play finals and represent

meltiger

First Grade
good pack. if lima comes

8. gibbs
9. farah
10.galloway
11.heighno
12.ellis
13.fulton

14.moors
15.lima (i think one of lima or galloway has to start off as gibbs/payten dont have a real strong impact)
16.payten
17.flanagan

then theres also the possibility of cayless signing and im sure skando would pull on the boots if there was ever any dramas. then surely 1 or 2 of the 20s guys steps up as well as mataka and i think we have for the first time DECENT depth in the forwards. not like previous years where we apparently had too many backrowers, although that included guys like trimarchi etc w

Mate given his liabilities (Penalties) I'd be almost keen to run with Lima starting and a kid off the bench and dump Gibbs out altogether.

b.bear

Juniors
to tough tunksy on 2sm today also mentioned that he's heard a strong runour too about lima would be great if true ,would add a lot of starch to a not so intimidating pack also cayless would be a good get..

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Stumbled upon this one :( also looks like Burgess is as good as gone to the rabbits as well.. Would love to see there books for next year

I'm not leaving Storm, insists Lima

September 28, 2009 - 3:05PM

Several Melbourne players will have their last game in a Storm jersey in Sunday's NRL grand final but prop Jeff Lima is adamant he's not one of them.

The 27-year-old New Zealand international has been linked with a move to Wests Tigers, which would ease the pressure on the Storm's salary cap.
However Lima said on Monday he was staying put and got a laugh out of the story when he read it in a magazine last week. "I don't know where you've got that from, I've got two more years with the club," Lima said.
"That's the first I've heard of it, when I saw it in Rugby League Week last week and I thought it was pretty funny."

Lima, the club's joker, left a few journalists scratching their heads at the Storm's media open day on Monday when he switched identities with fellow prop Adam Blair and he also jested Blair may be responsible for his rumoured departure.

"It was probably Adam who said something stupid to the media about it," Lima said. Plucked from the relative obscurity of rugby league in France in 2006, Lima will be lining up for his third grand final with the Storm.

He said that the Melbourne coaching staff, led by Craig Bellamy, had the a rare ability to create stars from average players. "The coaching staff seem to teach us things that turn stars into superstars and part-timers into stars.

"When I first came to Melbourne I didn't know what was going on," he said.
"I thought I was playing good football but it obviously wasn't good enough.
"They sat me down and told me the things I need to improve to be a better player and a better person. "You've just got to listen to what they say and work hard and it pays off."

nomarg

Stumbled upon this one :( also looks like Burgess is as good as gone to the rabbits as well.. Would love to see there books for next year

I'm not leaving Storm, insists Lima

September 28, 2009 - 3:05PM

Several Melbourne players will have their last game in a Storm jersey in Sunday's NRL grand final but prop Jeff Lima is adamant he's not one of them.

The 27-year-old New Zealand international has been linked with a move to Wests Tigers, which would ease the pressure on the Storm's salary cap.
However Lima said on Monday he was staying put and got a laugh out of the story when he read it in a magazine last week. "I don't know where you've got that from, I've got two more years with the club," Lima said.
"That's the first I've heard of it, when I saw it in Rugby League Week last week and I thought it was pretty funny."

Lima, the club's joker, left a few journalists scratching their heads at the Storm's media open day on Monday when he switched identities with fellow prop Adam Blair and he also jested Blair may be responsible for his rumoured departure.

"It was probably Adam who said something stupid to the media about it," Lima said. Plucked from the relative obscurity of rugby league in France in 2006, Lima will be lining up for his third grand final with the Storm.

He said that the Melbourne coaching staff, led by Craig Bellamy, had the a rare ability to create stars from average players. "The coaching staff seem to teach us things that turn stars into superstars and part-timers into stars.

"When I first came to Melbourne I didn't know what was going on," he said.
"I thought I was playing good football but it obviously wasn't good enough.
"They sat me down and told me the things I need to improve to be a better player and a better person. "You've just got to listen to what they say and work hard and it pays off."

Here is the link http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...m-not-leaving-storm-insists-lima/default.aspx

Where there is smoke there is fire.....

Even if we don't get lima ( God I hope we do) atleast we are talking to some front rowers, the club has finally seen the light and is letting go of a few 2nd rowers and getting some front rowers..if it is not Cayless or Lima or Burgess then we will jag someone else....

Just hope we dont run out of options and panic and resign galea and payne....

Latest posts