What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey Flegg 2007 season

Fibroman

First Grade
Penrith Flegg side should win their 2nd premiership in a row this year. We have blokes that can't even get a start on the bench that would be starting in most other club's premier league sides.

The Rhino

Juniors
roopy said:
be afraid - be very afraid - you have nothing except a bunch of touch footy players.
If that's the case, then your defence obviously SUCKS since you have lost YET AGAIN to the Panthers in JF. Just for your info, Penrith clear MINOR PREMIERS with the best for and against in the comp; Best ATTACK; Best DEFENCE (and we're soft:roll: ) and in the 2 games between our clubs this year, ROUND 11 saw the Panthers win 30-0 and ROUND 23 saw yet another win to the Panthers 24-22. Our attack has scored 108 points more then your lot and conceded 91 points less then you. Shows whose defence is soft.
Newcastle cannot finish any higher then 6th spot but can fall to as low as 8th before the season is over. They have the 6th best for and against; 6th best attack and 5th best defence.

Vicious

Bench
yappy said:
someone got an updated table?

Wests can still be a threat to some of the higher placed teams in this comp. We're focusing our energies on Flegg now so Dunley, Rysko and the rest with plenty of Premiers experience make us a much more formidable proposition than mid-season.

If there`s no major injury concerns between now and the end of season, i`d want to be on the Magpies. They should finish 5th, belt Parra in the first final and keep it going from there.

The Teach

Juniors
roopy said:
this will be a good thread to come back to over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

It will be a good post to come back to just to see the egg on your face. No better than 6th! Read Rhino's post to see what a fool you're making of yourself! You may as well admit now that you can't win the JF comp.

You are kidding roopy, your obviously still bitter about the loss. How does it feel to have been between twice by us this year!
i was up there for the game and while our forward pack didnt have their best game, the wet weather made sure of that, and hlad was probably the best out there, the other forwards, blacket, enosi, theoharous, showed at times why there the best in the comp also.
You say our forward pack is soft yet they have dominated every team in this competition. Seven players in our forward pack has played premier league this year and never looked out of place! While you had 3 NSW forwards in your pack on sunday we had one yet still you couldnt get over the top of us. Enough said!

yappy

Bench
Vic, we can't catch 5th, but 6th will do nicely if we can win the last two. Tough games though. Pennies still deserve favouritism.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Panthers are the favourites. I think the Eels are probably pretenders. They showed earlier in the year they can match it but recent form is not good.

roopy

Referee
MIGHTY PANTHER MAN said:
You are kidding roopy, your obviously still bitter about the loss.
To the contrary - no game this year has made me happier.
The Knights have taken a very different approach this season.
Last year they had a fantastic squad of all rep players that came together in the pre season and they basically cruised through the year in second gear till a few other sides got up to their standards in the finals and the Knights thought they just had to show up on grandfinal day to win - and we know that didn't quite work out.
This year they got the best squad together and won 6 of the first 7 before going very 'experimental' by basically taking the top players out of the squad and sending them all to the gym for 3 months mid season (we lost 8 out of 10 games mid season).
In the last month the top players have come back bigger and better and the coach has been settling on our top team and getting a few combinations going - and the boys have won three and had a two point loss to the top side and were pretty unlucky to lose.
I know the team is still way below their potential and i would be reasonably happy if we had lost by 20 because i know there is plenty of improvement still to come.
Last year we cruised and failed to peak for the big games.
This year i am very happy with the way things are falling into place at the right end of the season.

yappy

Bench
Magpies 34 - Raiders 12. Raiders scored first and didn't score again until last 10 minutes. Everything else in between was Black and White.

Look over your shoulders, here we come.

girvie

Staff member
Norths 28 (Kaifoto 2, Foster, Millar, Smith, Delaivuna tries; Morris and Alhaje goals) defeated Sydney City 18.

Souths 28
Newcastle 22

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith minus a few regulars beat 4th placed Balmain 34-18.

Penrith Panthers 34 (tries: Greg Waddell, Lachlan Coote, Nathan Pill, Brendan Hlad, Daniel Penese, Joseph Paulo; goals: Paolo 4, Pill 1) Balmain Tigers 18

The Rhino

Juniors
The Rhino said:
Newcastle cannot finish any higher then 6th spot but can fall to as low as 8th before the season is over

I stand corrected. SHOULD Newcastle lose their last game to the 6th placed Wests Magpies, Souths Juniors win both (they have 2 games remaining: their round 23 POSTPONED game against the 11th placed Roosters and Round 25 clash against Central Coast Storm, the newly crowned wooden spooners), SOUTHS WIN LEAPFROG NEWCASTLE INTO THE 8!!! Manly has the bye and therefore are guaranteed a finals spot!!!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The Rhino said:
I stand corrected. SHOULD Newcastle lose their last game to the 6th placed Wests Magpies, Souths Juniors win both (they have 2 games remaining: their round 23 POSTPONED game against the 11th placed Roosters and Round 25 clash against Central Coast Storm, the newly crowned wooden spooners), SOUTHS WIN LEAPFROG NEWCASTLE INTO THE 8!!! Manly has the bye and therefore are guaranteed a finals spot!!!

Rhino, surely the all star Newcastle side will make the 8, and then go on to win the comp?

You are jumping the gun abit i think Rhino, the massive forwards Newcastle possess will bash the Magpies up and win the game. I wish Penrith had forwards as good as them:roll:

Hado

Juniors
Souths and Central Coast was the game of the year at Telstra Staduim and that big brawl was the best went around for 5 minutes.2 people 10 minus and 2 people send off.

Souths Sydney 36 def Central Coast 24

What a game.