What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jersey

bluefox68

Staff member
I've heard a whisper that 'Classic Sportswear' have signed on to be our apparel partner from 2023 onwards. If true, big downgrade IMO
If so, they will want changes, so that they can sell as many as possible…

Quigs

Immortal
Well I certainly cut the cost. It's total bullshit how munch the NRL charges the punters for jerseys and then have five or six different ones during the playing season.

The jokes on us.

Quigs

Immortal
I have purchased some but with my limited wealth I had the pleasure of acquiring them from an alternate source.

I forget which declared idiot pointed me to that direction but I am eternally grateful. I would like to buy him a beer one decade.

R-15-3

Bench
Always thought a surf brand would do well by being out apparel sponsors. Would get some great gear out of them.
Or Kmart and have our jerseys and gear available through them, easy way to get parents buying kids merch and creating a fan for life out of it.

bluefox68

Staff member
I have purchased some but with my limited wealth I had the pleasure of acquiring them from an alternate source.

I forget which declared idiot pointed me to that direction but I am eternally grateful. I would like to buy him a beer one decade.
I’d like to take credit for that!

Just one word of caution - the blacks are not always as black as they could be…

Quigs

Immortal
Or in the correct place...

But hey, 'me' 2016 one is still as good as new.

I think back at what salaries Toddy G, and the bloke before him, (the one with the glasses), and all the hangers on that had their noses in the money trough were on ........... I can honestly admit that I still sleep well at night knowing what is in 'me' wardrobe on the coat hangers.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Dynasty have really improved over the last couple of years. This years jersey is the best we’ve had in a long time. Classic stuff is terrible. Really hope that isn’t true

Quicksilver

Bench
It amazes me how bad some of our previous kitshhave been.

This one is the best by far, but the design quality we've had for most of our stuff over the past 15 years has been appalling. The '16 jersey looked ok, thank god. Everything else wouldn't be fit for sale at Paddy's Markets.

Plastered

Juniors
What was with the jerseys in the trial? 2 different versions on show. Some with the Ace Gutters printed, and some with iron on patches. Same with Southern Comfort. Some of the Points Bet sternum transfers coming off. Connor Tracey's just said Points. 2 different size of hoop, one narrow, one wide. I know it's only a trial, but looked pretty amateur.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
They just use what they have, none of the trials are included in contractual agreements as far as I’m aware so it’s a free for all.

shaggs

Coach
They just use what they have, none of the trials are included in contractual agreements as far as I’m aware so it’s a free for all.
Back in the day we used to play the trials with mismatched version of a jersey. When you need that many numbers it doesn’t really matter.

I didn’t mind the look of that dogs jersey

bluefox68

Staff member
Back in the day we used to play the trials with mismatched version of a jersey. When you need that many numbers it doesn’t really matter.

I didn’t mind the look of that dogs jersey
Same - the Dogs jersey - the NFL call it ‘colour rush’…

yadamisha

Juniors
What was with the jerseys in the trial? 2 different versions on show. Some with the Ace Gutters printed, and some with iron on patches. Same with Southern Comfort. Some of the Points Bet sternum transfers coming off. Connor Tracey's just said Points. 2 different size of hoop, one narrow, one wide. I know it's only a trial, but looked pretty amateur.
They were last years jerseys hence the iron on sleeve patches for ACE over THF

Quicksilver

Bench
Missed opportunity to come up with a one off trial jersey and flog replicas to the public for $250 a pop.