What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Doyle

_addict

Juniors
Given all the glum outlook with the Warriors and the diverted interest in speculation in the future coach for the club, we seemed to have forgotten some other stuff occurring.

I haven't seen anything said anywhere else but I for one think that the announcement a couple of days ago that Jim Doyle will be stepping down as cheif executive of the NZRL at the end of the year deserves a mention. Personally I think that the work that he and the board have done since 2009 deserves applause. The game in the country has be going from strength to strength under their tenure.

The onfield performances of the Warriors may be getting us down, but they are the only blot on the landscape, in an otherwise pleasing vista.

Well done Jim and good luck. I'm sorry to see you go.

Rich102

Staff member
Good point addict. I was in two minds about an "import" in charge of NZ League, but he has done a good job. I guess the benefit of an outsider is they have no regional affiliations.
They have certainly brought the game on well. And the SPARC funding helps too.

mean

Juniors
Strongly rumoured to be putting his hand up for NRL CEO

That's what my initial thoughts were when he announced stepping down. Good on him if he gets it. He certainly transformed a sinking ship that was full of rats. We should have a thread "where are they now?"

That might be the recipe to continue the progress of NZRL, recruit the replacement from overseas again. Someone without affiliations, personal agenda or wants and affected by political interference.

I've just realised a quick observation, we don't seem to have many negative threads about the NZRL, ARL or any other regional bodies that we used to 3-6 years ago. Obviously you can do wonders when you get rid of the bacteria ....

Skinner

Coach
That's what my initial thoughts were when he announced stepping down. Good on him if he gets it. He certainly transformed a sinking ship that was full of rats. We should have a thread "where are they now?"

That might be the recipe to continue the progress of NZRL, recruit the replacement from overseas again. Someone without affiliations, personal agenda or wants and affected by political interference.

I've just realised a quick observation, we don't seem to have many negative threads about the NZRL, ARL or any other regional bodies that we used to 3-6 years ago. Obviously you can do wonders when you get rid of the bacteria ....

yep, yep, yep, some folks that were there got away with.....well, if not blue murder, then certainly grand larceny...

Latest posts