What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Grant urges NRL to add a team in Ipswich/Logan

Maximus

Coach
Im confused? WB and Donkey keep telling us how AFL is a toothless tiger in Brisbane, Lions are basket case and they are no threat at all.
Now they are saying we need three NRl teams to combat their one?
which is it?

Whichever is convenient for whatever argument they want to make.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Is Brisbane similar to Sydney in that the AFL fans are concentrated in the inner city? Swans are mainly popular in the areas that used to be RU territory. Where do Lions fans live? I would have thought anywhere but the ‘western corridor‘.
Yeah it's mainly the Toffs and expats. As in Sydney, AFL has hurt Union here, not so much RL.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Im confused? WB and Donkey keep telling us how AFL is a toothless tiger in Brisbane, Lions are basket case and they are no threat at all.
Now they are saying we need three NRl teams to combat their one?
which is it?
We need a third to grow our sport. AFL will never approach RL here, especially in Ipswich. Jets are for RL in QLD, nothing to do with AFL.

Sure, 30k isn’t a lot but where do those that go to games come from? Do they come from the inner city like in Sydney or from the ‘burbs?
I cannot answer your question. I think they're scattered around the metropolis.

I have seen a few people walking around Rochedale South and Springwood with Lions apparel, but that's to.be expected as they have the Lions@Springwood Social Club based right on the border of the two suburbs.

We need a third to grow our sport. AFL will never approach RL here, especially in Ipswich. Jets are for RL in QLD, nothing to do with AFL.

I know a dentist who follows rugby union and fumbleball. He lives in the bayside area.

A third Brisbane team will help rugby league reach its potential in Brisbane. It'll also boost the NRL attendance average and attract more money from the commercial sector. Importantly, it'll lead to more money being spent on junior development in the Brisbane metropolitan area. Nutcases like mongoloid, The Great Dunce, Perth Rat and Maxipad are happy to see the game remain stagnant in Queensland because they hate Origin.

Wb1234

Referee

mongoose

Coach
I know a dentist who follows rugby union and fumbleball. He lives in the bayside area.

A third Brisbane team will help rugby league reach its potential in Brisbane. It'll also boost the NRL attendance average and attract more money from the commercial sector. Importantly, it'll lead to more money being spent on junior development in the Brisbane metropolitan area. Nutcases like mongoloid, The Great Dunce, Perth Rat and Maxipad are happy to see the game remain stagnant in Queensland because they hate Origin.
I suppose you hate all dentists now and tar them with the same brush. That seems to be how you operate. Oh and also people from the "bayside area" are on your list.

Colk

First Grade
I suppose you hate all dentists now and tar them with the same brush. That seems to be how you operate. Oh and also people from the "bayside area" are on your list.

I don’t really see the point of that sentence. Why is it important that he knows a dentist who likes fumbleball and that he lives in the bayside area? On the balance of probability there are probably other dentists who live in the bayside area who might like league and not like fumbleball. Or they might not like any sport at all.

mongoose

Coach
I don’t really see the point of that sentence. Why is it important that he knows a dentist who likes fumbleball and that he lives in the bayside area? On the balance of probability there are probably other dentists who live in the bayside area who might like league and not like fumbleball. Or they might not like any sport at all.
we know all dentists in Brisbane aren't fumbleball/union fans but Donkey likes making these kinds of sweeping generalisations. I'm curious to know whether he hates all dentists now lol

Why would I hate all dentists?

I continued to support Wynnum Manly long after I chose to go to a dentist that was more local.

Have you been following the thread?

I was providing an anecdote to back up the following claim:

Yeah it's mainly the Toffs and expats. As in Sydney, AFL has hurt Union here, not so much RL.

Both you and mongoloid have put two and two together and come up with five.

Colk

First Grade
Why would I hate all dentists?

I continued to support Wynnum Manly long after I chose to go to a dentist that was more local.

Have you been following the thread?

I was providing an anecdote to back up the following claim:

Both you and mongoloid have put two and two together and come up with five.

But for me to follow that anecdote to its conclusion I would have to agree with you that dentists are toffs. Bit of a sweeping generalisation.

docbrown

Coach
They need to restrict the free movement of Victorian’s that’s for sure. Ruined their states economy and now they’re spreading AFL everywhere like a virus.

last time I was in the eastern suburbs I saw Victorian plates everywhere lol.
We could dissect their brains to figure out what's wrong with them but I suspect it's similar to the aliens in Mars Attacks.