What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Wilson’s manger says ...

Bald Tiger

Juniors
According to Big League, John Wilson and his manager David Riolo had a meeting this week with JV. Riolo said:
'The offer was pretty poor - its a lot less than what he was on this year and his footy has been a lot better - so we will have to see what happens.
Johnny will have to seriously consider looking elsewhere.'
Dragons are tipped to sign Wilson.

Once Dead

Bench
Bald Tiger said:
According to Big League, John Wilson and his manager David Riolo had a meeting this week with JV. Riolo said:
'The offer was pretty poor - its a lot less than what he was on this year and his footy has been a lot better - so we will have to see what happens.

Bloody hell......sign him already!!!!!!!

He offers more than Fitzhenry and we are pinning hopes on Fitz.....no offense to him either.....

Dragons - dammit, they can't fit anyone in - they had to let go of Amos Roberts to fit Blacklock in......Daley isn't stupid - he commentates thousands of games a season and knows what talent is worth getting.......SIGN JOHN BLOODY WILSON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ONE, LEADING TRY SCORER......EQUALLING THE RECORD!!!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? BACKFLIPS?

Gobbso

Juniors
I can see Wests why haven't offered him a much larger contract. He has been riddled with injuries for 2 years and has been pretty disappointing. Although in 2003, he has proved to be quite a handy 1st Grader and has really stood up as one of the Tigers best this season. That should be enough to secure him another contract (we'll you'd like to think so), but obviously, it isn't what he's after in regard to $$$.

westie

Bench
Impellitteri said:
Bald Tiger said:

He offers more than Fitzhenry and we are pinning hopes on Fitz.....no offense to him either.....

Dragons - dammit, they can't fit anyone in - they had to let go of Amos Roberts to fit Blacklock in......Daley isn't stupid - he commentates thousands of games a season and knows what talent is worth getting.......SIGN JOHN BLOODY WILSON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ONE, LEADING TRY SCORER......EQUALLING THE RECORD!!!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? BACKFLIPS?

Who cares if he equaled the record. Caine set the record but you want to piss him off.

Collateral

Coach
Apparently the Dragons are after Wests PL winger John Olzard.
I havent seen him play since he was at Souths but even then I thought he showed a bit of talent and was suprised he hasnt been in First Grade for the Tigers.

I thought Wilson was originally a second-rower, but is now playing in the centres?

BJ

Juniors
RedDragon said:
Apparently the Dragons are after Wests PL winger John Olzard.
I havent seen him play since he was at Souths but even then I thought he showed a bit of talent and was suprised he hasnt been in First Grade for the Tigers.

I thought Wilson was originally a second-rower, but is now playing in the centres?

i heard that st george are after one of the PL players either from wests or balmain..

wilson has shone since moving to the centres.. but it was terry lamb continuously playing wilson at 5/8th that made most fans not rate him at all.. but i must say this year i have been impressed and when he has played in the 2nd row as well as at lock he hasn't let the team down..
all along the club has been worried about his knee and shoulder so it's no surprise that he is offered a reduced contract..
i guess picking up elford who can play similar positions (centre primarily and 2nd row if need be) was writing on the wall that wilson wouldn't whole heartedly be in wests tigers future plans..

Gobbso

Juniors
Big League reports that Illawarra are after Withers and that they are also expressing interest in John Wilson. What are Wests Tigers doing? So what if we have bought some new players, it doesn't mean you offload all the rest! Its about depth this time around...unlike 2000.

yappy

Bench
I'll be spewing if Johnny O is retained. He'll go damn close to winning a swag of awards at the Magpies Presentation night.

Once Dead

Bench
westie said:
Impellitteri said:
Bald Tiger said:

Who cares if he equaled the record. Caine set the record but you want to piss him off.

Did you read it in context? "leading try scorer, equalling the record'......that means two good things have been done in one............THE FREAKIN FACT IS THAT HE IS THE LEADING TRY SCORER - FITZHENRY, COVELL, MILES AND NO ONE ELSE COMES CLOSE......so you'd think the finisher would be kept?......Caine set the record in 2000 alright and was leading pointscorer......but would we have kicked him to the kerb in 2001? Sure now, but not then you would have predicted greater things......