What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns to announce he's staying in RL on Footy Show.

iggy plop

First Grade
Just a tip from a caller on 2UE's sports today program yesterday. He sounded really serious and very much like the Sports boss at 9. (Steve Crawley)

Hope it's true, but who knows. :?

We can't have our icons playing and giving that slop of a game a higher profile.

Wouldn't surprise me.

He did the same thing last contract, at least I think it was him.

It's all about the media...

Nook

Bench
Hope its true, but doubt it. I have pretty reliable info that as of today, Crawley himself didn't know which way Johns was gonna go. Appartently Joey was 100% sold on going to Union last weekend, but now could go either way.

While I'm on the subject - there is also word that there is drama in Newcastle - people have started keying his car and giving him crap already. Apparently its possible that even if he does stick with league, it won't be with the Knights. That doesn't sound right to me, but thats what I'm hearing...

ngunity

Juniors
damned if I'm going to the watch the footy show! bunch of cross dressing d!ckheads

someone post a new thread to confirm tomorrow night hey?

on a side note, wouldn't it be Awesome to have a Footy show mid-week that's actually purely Rugby League? :clap:

Who wouldn't like to hear stats, analysis, and player focus stories? Like the other thread in the forum about the fastest guy in league... if only there was a serious mid-week, nightly show about League :evil:

Maybe the LU community could make it happen!

Nook

Bench
People wouldn't watch it. Fair dinkum. NRL on Fox is good for the hardcore league types, but its not going to rate on free to air.

iggy plop

First Grade
Nook said:
People wouldn't watch it. Fair dinkum. NRL on Fox is good for the hardcore league types, but its not going to rate on free to air.

The Footy Show rated it's best in the days when it talked more footy.

It struggles to rate under the current format. Can't remember the last time it won it's timeslot.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Well apparently the Johns thing is over. He's made up his mind and will sign with union today according that recent news.com.au article.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Nook said:
While I'm on the subject - there is also word that there is drama in Newcastle - people have started keying his car and giving him crap already.

There's no way his car has been keyed... Yet.

He keeps it locked up and doesn't drive it around (It's a Monaro).

Edit:

Holy shit, I just found the article that claims that happened... My apologies.

I know a bloke who did all the welding at Joey's house, and he claims it's like fort knox... Odd.

JW

Coach
It has been reported this morning that Johns will probably make an announcement this afternoon that he will sign with Yawnion for a 3 year deal worth $2 million.

Cheers.

Earl

Coach
From what I've heard it looks like he'll be playing both league and union next year.

When he announces he is going to union on the footy show I'd expect people to boo him.

Then again the crowd could be told to give "Polite applause".

Either way, it will be interesting to see their reaction.

Anyone remember Matt Rogers going on the Footy Show and saying how much he loved League before he become the mouthpeice for the other code?

JW

Coach
How appropriate for him to announce it on the Footy Show. He loves the spotlight Joey, just like Dell and Lote do. Go announce it on some Yawnion show like Rugby Zone on 7 or whatever it's called :lol: Is that still on? Starting to fit in already Joey, just like any Yawnionist, you use League to drive your publicity. Can we expect weekly columns from you in the paper saying which League players you think can make it in Union? Your "Wallaby team of League players"? Bloodyslow Cup or Origin - the differences? You'll fit right in Joey. :clap: :roll:

Cheers.

legend

Coach
I hope channel nine don't offer him a deal to commentate on league after his union career is over. His credibility factor will be zero and it will be the same old shit we read in the papers from wankers like Lote and Wendell.

Spare us please!

JW

Coach
hope channel nine don't offer him a deal to commentate on league after his union career is over

What about his spot with special comments on the Origin telecasts? Origin 3?

:-k :-k

Nah, get stuffed Johns, i'd rather hear the words of someone who's actually passionate about Origin and, although retired, deep down is busting their balls to get out their and take the first hit-up. Chief can be a wanker at time, but dam doesn't he love his Origin footy :clap:

Cheers.

ibeme

First Grade
I can't imagine CH9 letting him announce on the Footy Show that he's going to union, and therefore Ch7.

On 110% last night, Jason Stevens said that he had heard that Joey wouldn't be going to union, but wouldn't be staying in Newcastle either. Could it be a co-incidence that Maurice Lindsay is flying into Sydney today?

Macca

Coach
I am a fan of league predominantly, but I hope Johns goes to Union. It'll give me more reason to cheer on the Waratahs. If Johns stays fit they'll win it easily. Then the Wallaby's will win everything too. The NRL won't suffer all that much.

Latest posts