What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

Jacques6

Juniors
Hi

Just wondering what the news is on upgrading and extending Josh Dugan's contract beyond 2010. Its great the raiders are resigning the quality juniors coming through and surely Dugan is the top priority judging by the potential he showed last year.

Green Evil

Juniors
I have no doubt it would be a priority to extend his contract beyond the end of this year although i heard that he was sent back to the under 20's squad before christmas because of his attitude to training. Apparently either missed a couple or was late or something like that. He has had some issues coming to terms with the responsibilities associated with being a full time footballer but hopefully he can get himself sorted and playing first grade this year and we get him signed through to at least 2012 like the rest of the young guys. He is a local so there should be a little loyalty on his behalf as well that might get it done.

aussies1st

Staff member
If we don't re-sign it would be more Dugan rather than management letting him go. Unless he really pisses them off by continuing to skip training and stuff. But other than that there is no reason why management wouldn't keep him.

I think its 2011 as well , if thats the case its not a high priority to be done before 2010 kickoff. There are a couple of players like Tongue who are off contract at the end of the year which need attention first.

I have no doubt it will be sorted this year, one way or the other.

shear_joy9

Coach
I'm sure management are just waiting to see if brett kelly's star potential shines through with dugan being the fall back option

Raider Azz

Bench
yeah he's signed until end of 2011 and you cant bet management would want to get him re-sign well before then. im not confident of keeping him at all though, it seems he has a bit of an attitude problem that needs to be sorted out.

skeepe

Immortal
I really don't understand why everyone is so pessimistic about our chances of retaining our juniors.

Prior to Vidot re-signing late last year, it seemed like everyone was convinced that he would leave at the end of his current contract.

Sure, we've lost a few in the past, but I really think we've turned a corner, and we have - for the last two seasons at least - kept everyone we've wanted to keep. I expect to see Josh Dugan in lime green for many more years to come.

I really don't understand why everyone is so pessimistic about our chances of retaining our juniors.

Prior to Vidot re-signing late last year, it seemed like everyone was convinced that he would leave at the end of his current contract.

Sure, we've lost a few in the past, but I really think we've turned a corner, and we have - for the last two seasons at least - kept everyone we've wanted to keep. I expect to see Josh Dugan in lime green for many more years to come.

You've hit the nail on the head.

There hasnt been a player that we have wanted to keep leave us lately, unless you count Nat Smith when he reneged. lucky us.

Raider Azz

Bench

ive never been pessimisitic about re-signing any of our juniors, always been confident we can keep them here. dugan on the other hand, i am not confident because of the stories i have heard about his attitude and other factors.

Timbo

Staff member
I wouldn't be suprised if he leaves. Purely because he seems, frakly, like a bit of a tool and the kind of guy who probably would chase the big money and chance to live by the beach.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Why?
The articles that have featured Josh ( last year ) have all said how he wants to stay at the Raiders.

just mail around the traps i've heard
he is going to be a tough signiture to gain... the only saving grace is he has a water tight contract until the end of 2011 and the club have stated they have absolutely no intentions on letting him out early

thats two entire seasons away, anything can happen between now and then, perhaps some issues get worked out between now and then. But as it stands right now, there are some issues to be worked on

just mail around the traps i've heard
he is going to be a tough signiture to gain... the only saving grace is he has a water tight contract until the end of 2011 and the club have stated they have absolutely no intentions on letting him out early

thats two entire seasons away, anything can happen between now and then, perhaps some issues get worked out between now and then. But as it stands right now, there are some issues to be worked on

fair enough , he will be in high demand by 2011 , if not already. Lets hope these issues get sorted and we re-sign him.