What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr

hewi

Bench
Yes Priddle was a bit disappointing in the latter part of his career. I think that our depth of forwards next year will be akin to our good packs in 1977 and 1979 which included Young, Reddy, Buckley, Edge, Stone, Starkey and Jansen from what I can recall.
Now that's a pack of forwards. Saw Reddy rip them a new one in the grand final replay. Unbelievable.

BennyV

Referee
mate Weyman's playing weight was around 113 to 115kg ... so he was BIG.

Matt Scott would be a better example of what you mean by playing big as he is only around 105 to 106kg but plays like he weighs 10kg more...
Are you sure? I thought I remember his playing weight being around 110kg tops when he was with us. A bloke I worked with back then was a good family friend of a certain Cronulla backrower, and he claimed that tackling Weyman was one of the scariest things he's done, harder than tackling Fuifui Moimoi in his prime.

But yeah, Matt Scott is a prime example.

Dragsters

First Grade
What is without question is that Horses effort more than compensated for any shortfall in weight!

j0nesy

Bench
Weyman was closer to 115kg than he was 105kg, and that was after he went through a bit of transformation under Bennett to shed some kg. He played heavier at Canberra.

Gareth67

First Grade
Now that's a pack of forwards. Saw Reddy rip them a new one in the grand final replay. Unbelievable.

The ole Rocket did just that , did he what ! He and Stoney terrorised the Parra pack in that match .
Always remember Ray Higgs throwing the ball straight in the face of one of the Dragons players , after losing a tooth in the scrum , such poor sportsmanship !

Still it wasn't all one-sided though , as I also recall Ray Price kneeing little Mark Shulman in the back , bringing his career to a premature end . He was one of the smallest halfs ever that bloke , but jeeze he could play . Just the type of player we are crying out for now .
They were the days - blood and guts on a weekly basis , and when real footy players had hair on their legs !

Mick Weyman , what a great contributer to the Dragons , Bennett really got the best out of him , a real inspiration to the entire team , once again just what the Dragons require nowadays. If Kerr turns out to be half as good as Weyman we will have made ourselves a good investment .

Last edited:

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Weyman was closer to 115kg than he was 105kg, and that was after he went through a bit of transformation under Bennett to shed some kg. He played heavier at Canberra.

Went to school with Weyman, he walked around @ 120kg as an 18yo. Shed a few kg when he played with us, I think he was around the 110-115kg mark.

Gentleman off the field, absolutely terrifying on it.

The Doc

Juniors
Weyman played between the 110kg-115kg... he was a hard man to contain.
James graham is another who plays way above his weight... i remember reading he plays at 106-107kgs.... but he plays like a 115kg unit.
I believe some of the boys we have next year will more than hold the own in the middle.
They will cause defences alot of headaches.
Packer and Frizz will go up another gear with the likes of Vaughan and Mose in the team.
Hopefully that inspires AhMau to go up a couple of levels also.

Dragsters

First Grade
My mistake gentleman , I just checked the old newspaper reviews of the game , it was Ray Higgs who kneed little Mark Shulman , not Mr. Price , my apologies to all .

You beat me to it Gareth.

I think I have corrected that misnomer on this forum a few times.

It was indeed that dirty dog Ray Higgs.

I remember it well.

Latest posts