What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Perry - Would you keep him in your side?

Davester

Juniors
I'm not saying I want him at my club, but was just wondering what you, the newcastle fans think.

Would you or wouldn't you want him to stay and why?

NO.

He is a fat, lazy, useless, injury prone, hot-headed thug who spends half his life on the sideline through injury, and the other half suspended. Then, when contract negotations roll around, he whinges like a stuck pig at an offer of $170K a year from the club that made him what he is, and who he owes three years of decent service.

Any club CEO or recruitment officer that is interested in Perry should be locked up for their own safety and that of their club.

antonius

Coach
I hope he leaves the Knights. He has been the worst signing we've made in recent years. He showed so much promise early on, got his $200,000+ contract, and has been a liability ever since. The $170,000 the club has reportedly offered him is way too much. I'd be offering him a gametime/performance based type contract, nothing more. You're welcome to him as far as I'm concerned, we could certainly do better with his contract money on somebody else.

The_Joey_Show said:
NO.

He is a fat, lazy, useless, injury prone, hot-headed thug who spends half his life on the sideline through injury, and the other half suspended. Then, when contract negotations roll around, he whinges like a stuck pig at an offer of $170K a year from the club that made him what he is, and who he owes three years of decent service.

Any club CEO or recruitment officer that is interested in Perry should be locked up for their own safety and that of their club.

I couldnt believe it when RBK came out in another thread and side the tig's are likely to offer him 250k!!!

We all know the tigs want size which he provides but do you want someone with no muscle tone, bad attitude, and no work ethic?

Davester

Juniors
Knight82 said:
I couldnt believe it when RBK came out in another thread and side the tig's are likely to offer him 250k!!!

We all know the tigs want size which he provides but do you want someone with no muscle tone, bad attitude, and no work ethic?

He's just saying that, there's nothing on Josh Perry coming to the Wests Tigers nor getting that much offered to him. C'mon if what he says is believable then I guess you may aswell believe anything Rebecca Wilson says.

Nuffy

Bench
Mate, he is a passenger.

If he was any sort of clubman he'd be estatic to get a contract offer considering the last two years service hes provided the club.

BUT NO, hes bitching like a baby.

We have a real cultural problem at this club, players seem unable / unwilling to take responsibility for their performance and see a clubs commitment being a one way street.

We need a hard headed Football manager to rebuild the culture in this club and ensure players are aware of the reciprocal commitment between a player and club, some clubs seem to do it well.................we don't.

m0j0

Bench
The_Joey_Show said:
NO.

He is a fat, lazy, useless, injury prone, hot-headed thug

You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful!

Shut up bitch! Go fix me a turkey pot pie.

Doctor

Bench
Nuffy said:
We have a real cultural problem at this club, players seem unable / unwilling to take responsibility for their performance and see a clubs commitment being a one way street.

We need a hard headed Football manager to rebuild the culture in this club and ensure players are aware of the reciprocal commitment between a player and club, some clubs seem to do it well.................we don't.

Agreed. It is an attitude problem that stretches across the whole club. Only a few years ago players stayed at the Knights because of a little thing called loyalty.

Now, loyalty only works if it's convenient. Players leave because there is no longer a sense of ownership of their team -- they're just employees. The players that stay, like Perry, whinge about an insufficient contract claiming they have been abandoned by the club, conveniently ignoring the club's loyalty towards them.

I'd like to see a clear selection and retention policy -- a performance-based system where players know exactly where they stand from the outset. They know that if they perform, they get an upgrade. If they turn out to be duds, then they are given less or else not offered anything.

Incentives is what they need. At the moment, all I here is whingeing. Perry is better off elsewhere.

ArturiusX

Juniors
I understand all of you show distaste towards Perry, but 'fat lazy slob' is a pretty bit exaggeration.

Why not stick with: "The current environment at the Knights doesnt suit him, and he obviously can't perform and needs to move on."

People thought Carl Webb was lazy and a loose cannon, but he proved a few people wrong. Perry could do the same, its up to him though. Whatever the case, I dont think he has a future at this club.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The longer things go, the less I could care if he is here. Every season we've had him it's taken him about 8 weeks to get enough fitness to make more then 10 hit ups a game. I wouldn't say he's injury prone by a long shot, but he simply doesn't put in. We need either a new coach with perry here, or keep our coach and get rid of perry.

macavity

Referee
Why not stick with: "The current environment at the Knights doesnt suit him, and he obviously can't perform and needs to move on."

... because we are dirty that he has no loyalty whatsoever, has admitted to not putting in except around contract time, and we feel he owes us for taking mega-bucks whilst not putting in?

frankly, I think people are finding it hard to sympathise with a guy who doesn't try his heart out and has been milking the club for the last three years whinging about a 170k offer.

Personally I would like Perry to stay - IF he pulls his head in and commits to the club. He has potential and was once pretty passionate about playing for the Knights.

same goes for everyone in red&blue - if they aren't committed to helping us out of the hole they helped to dig(on the field and under the cap...), then they can get fcucked.

Nuffy

Bench
Perrys options are limiting.

O'Hara to Wests kills that avenue.

He'll be taking the Newcastle offer and then we need Reilly to be the football manager to whip him into shape.

Bring it home Knights said:
The longer things go, the less I could care if he is here. Every season we've had him it's taken him about 8 weeks to get enough fitness to make more then 10 hit ups a game. I wouldn't say he's injury prone by a long shot, but he simply doesn't put in. We need either a new coach with perry here, or keep our coach and get rid of perry.

Well WTF would you say he was out most of last year with a hip injury.

Then this year with a wrist injury....

FFS.

Alex28

Coach
or Galloway from the Sharks.

Josh Perry looked the goods in 2003. He played hard, and with some discipline he looked like a world beater - right up there with Bailey and Ryles.

But he has done nothing but let the club and himself down since. He was made more than clear the fact that there were certain expectations made of him with the salary he was commanding. 2004 he was lazy and a non-performer. 2005 he has been ill-disciplined - so much he hasn't been there. For him from there to demand more money from the club shows an utter lack of respect for the club that has got him to where he is today.

Set him free - he is in his comfort zone here, and by giving him what he wants will only confirm that he is free to perform at half of his potential and that discipline doesn't matter.