What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Judiciary & Match Review charges - 2022 season

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Teddy has an extremely odd running style - he kinda does the opposite to what my old schoolboy AIS coach would want, where he often has his torso almost parallel with the ground rather than upright and straight. Sometimes defenders need to go so low to avoid his head that they end up getting done for a swinging arm if they misjudge it.

If he just kept a good sprinting posture he would be hit in the face less. Not trying to victim blame the guy, but if I were him I'd work with a new sprinting coach.

Munky

Coach
Teddy has an extremely odd running style - he kinda does the opposite to what my old schoolboy AIS coach would want, where he often has his torso almost parallel with the ground rather than upright and straight. Sometimes defenders need to go so low to avoid his head that they end up getting done for a swinging arm if they misjudge it.

If he just kept a good sprinting posture he would be hit in the face less. Not trying to victim blame the guy, but if I were him I'd work with a new sprinting coach.

I thought the issue was after he did his knee in his first game he wears less grippy studs so now falls over a lot shifting his momentum?

But he darts quickly left and right, putting his body at an angle which naturally lowers his head, doesn’t it? It’s definitely difficult for the defender, though.

Maximus

Coach
With the "personal deterrent" charge that Annesley was talking about a couple of weeks ago, does that mean JWH should get a minimum of grade 2 any time he is charged next year?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I thought the issue was after he did his knee in his first game he wears less grippy studs so now falls over a lot shifting his momentum?

But he darts quickly left and right, putting his body at an angle which naturally lowers his head, doesn’t it? It’s definitely difficult for the defender, though.

I think his lower centre of gravity has something to do with it too, he knows if he keeps low he is more likely to break the line but he has the same posture in a straight line, Papz is similar but straightens up after the first few strides

GongPanther

Referee

Teddy runs low to the ground with exposing less of his body mass to tackle.

Apey

Staff member
If Tom Burgess gets a downgrade, Tariq Sims should feel really hard done by. His tackle on Connor Tracey had similar action to Burgess.

I am confused how Milne was only a grade one. He jumps up, swings his arm, and collects a taller player high.
Yeah but who did Milne hit? It wasn't Teddy.

Valheru

Coach
I would. Tedesco was doing his usual 'fall to his knees' at the line trick.

If he loses, he potentially misses a GF - but even if we get past the Sharks there's absolutely no way Souths forwards can win vs Penrith without him, so it's worth the risk.

I hope for your sake souths have a better defence than that because he actually wasn't falling. He runs low and compact but his height didn't change from the moment burgess started his action and the result was teddy out of the game.

There is absolutely 0 chance he gets a downgrade on that argument. The better bet is to find some other tackle that was similar and only got a grade 1 which given the "consistency" of the NRL, I am sure there are many.

I hope for your sake souths have a better defence than that because he actually wasn't falling. He runs low and compact but his height didn't change from the moment burgess started his action and the result was teddy out of the game.

There is absolutely 0 chance he gets a downgrade on that argument. The better bet is to find some other tackle that was similar and only got a grade 1 which given the "consistency" of the NRL, I am sure there are many.
I thought precedents can’t be used in defence anymore or is there a precedent for revisiting precedents lol

Latest posts