What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

July 1

brook

First Grade
and everyone I wanted us to chase has already been signed :(

Who should we chase? Anyone noticed any young props tearing it up in reserves? Because all the quality first graders are off the market.

That really must be our number one priority - a bit, mean prop

Skando is good on his day but most of the time seems scared to hurt the opposition, corey just wants to be a halfback (we should let him play there in the last round this year - let the big guy go out on a high :lol: ) and the best up and comers in balmain (don't know about wests but from what yappy says theres not a hell of a lot there either) are jaime small (who is very good but more of a work-horse style prop not an enforcer) and Mick Harper is much too young....

Theres got to be someone out there....I'll never forgive the club for sacking villa...

Spike

First Grade
well the only props we've got off contract are Jobson and Matt Kennedy. You can have Jobson for Halatau cause I don't think we're going to re-sign him but Matt Kennedy is off limits.

there's still are few props to be picked up if the wests tigers move fast enough- Donnelly, Cannings and Hall are still not signed.

brook

First Grade
LOL no thanks i plan on a centre pairing of halatau and harrison for next year and years to come...newcastle better keep their filthy hands off both of them :p

brook

First Grade
and Matt Kennedy...thats interesting, I like the look of him! (of course noone with talent leaves newcastle so we've got no hope)

Spike

First Grade
haha i sent an email to knights CEO Ken Conway at the beginning of the year and one just recently reminding him of my opinion of Halatau. He sent replies back saying he's aware that Halatau is a promising player and scouts were watching in alot of different places but wouldn't elaborate if they were watching Halatau or any other Balmain players. um...... just out of curiosity, do you happen to know when Dene's contract expires with the Tigers? :)

brook

First Grade
not this year so any attempts to sign him is an anti-tampering breach :evil:

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
and Matt Kennedy...thats interesting, I like the look of him! (of course noone with talent leaves newcastle so we've got no hope)

That's right, know your place. The chop shop will have to get its over-priced, reject spare parts from some other team :p

and i left Newcastle........... :(

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
not this year so any attempts to sign him is an anti-tampering breach :evil:

I'm willing to bide my time. There's alot of players of Knights players off contract at the end of next year so there maybe room for him then :twisted:

Spike

First Grade
you want to talk turnstiles? that's rich considering you've had Kevin 'revolving door' McGunniess, Lee 'jersey grabber' Murphy in your side. :p don't get too cocky just because you've got Harrsion and Halatau coming through. You know your not going to keep them for very long. Your only developing them for the Roosters and the Eels. Once they make it then they'll be taken off you ;-)

brook

First Grade
lol yeah but we were smart enough to get rid of those two (and where did murphy come from again? ;-) )

Spike

First Grade
brook said:
lol yeah but we were smart enough to get rid of those two (and where did murphy come from again? ;-) )

I still wouldn't get rid of Matt Gidley. He still proved his worth in the S.O.O series despite all his critics. He'll be chosen to play for his country too so he can't be all that bad.

i don't know where murphy came from

brook

First Grade
pfft ryan girdler represented australia too and he's no better

and one good game doesn't change the fact that on a day to day basis he conceeds more points than he scores (kinda like kevin mcguinness actually - i bet kevin would look a lot like him if he played outside johns)

Spike

First Grade
Gidley didn't miss a tackle on the weekend and scored a try when he left your likely future fullback grasping at air. Now judging by your theory that would make -4 conceeded points....... on a day to day basis of course :D

Gidley is already an excellent player, Johns just makes him better than excellent, but would you expect anything less when the worlds best halfback is in your side.

Kevin McGuinness wouldn't even make the Knights first grade team so there would be no way of telling unless you compare McGuinness to Craigie in which case he is a lost cause :lol:

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Bailey said:
Gidley didn't miss a tackle on the weekend and scored a try when he left your likely future fullback grasping at air. Now judging by your theory that would make -4 conceeded points....... on a day to day basis of course :D

Hahahaha go Bailey beat her and rub in mate.

Johns would make anyone look good even Lee Murphy and Joel Caine well most people anyway :lol:

Gidley will mainly be picked in the Test side simply because of his combination with Tahu and of course Johns.

Spike

First Grade
Mighty Tiger said:
Bailey said:

Hahahaha go Bailey beat her and rub in mate.

Johns would make anyone look good even Lee Murphy and Joel Caine well most people anyway :lol:

Gidley will mainly be picked in the Test side simply because of his combination with Tahu and of course Johns.

Actually, Gidley was owned on the weekend before last by Ben Harris of the Bulldogs so there is some truth to what she says :shock: but love Gidley or hate him, he'll be in the Aussie test side to take on the Kiwis and to me, that is all that counts. Afterall you can't expect me to criticise the Knights players too much :p