What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

Not if Perth own the license or a majority
Who would represent Perth?

The only bid we know of is the consortium run by Cumins.

How can Cumins' consortium and the Bears work together after the comments he made to the press?

The WA Gov said they will not own or run the team.

That leaves NRLWA, which is owned by the ARLC.

Does the ARLC want the burden of having a stake in an NRL club?

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Who would represent Perth?

The only bid we know of is the consortium run by Cumins.

How can Cumins' consortium and the Bears work together after the comments he made to the press?

The WA Gov said they will not own or run the team.

That leaves NRLWA, which is owned by the ARLC.

Does the ARLC want the burden of having a stake in an NRL club?
Perth business guys 80 percent
North Sydney 20 percent

North Sydney 20 percent
It could happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Both sides will need to make significant concessions for it to work.

I remember when the media were all in on the Perth Bears as the 18th team. That turned out to be wrong and ended up being replaced with articles about the Bears siding with Pasifika and PNG. Around 7 or 8 years ago we had the media going into over drive about the Gold Coast Bears replacing the Gold Coast Titans. At one stage we had the media saying the next three teams would be PNG, North Sydney and Newtown.

Perth Red

Post Whore
North Sydney 20 percent
Bears will need to show a lot more than they have so far.
if cumins has got the mOney behind him then Perth will be in, bears or no bears. Without Perth the bears will be forever more a feeder club to other nrl clubs.

so far I haven’t seen them offer anything concrete more than a perth club could get by partnering with a myriad of other second tier clubs,

if they want 20% ownership then they can pony up $10 mill to help with start up costs.

if cumins has got the mOney behind him then Perth will be in, bears or no bears. Without Perth the bears will be forever more a feeder club to other nrl clubs.

so far I haven’t seen them offer anything concrete more than a perth club could get by partnering with a myriad of other second tier clubs,

if they want 20% ownership then they can pony up $10 mill to help with start up costs.

A few meetings between V'landys and Cook doesn't mean Perth is guaranteed a licence. The fact V'landys is still pushing for "Perth Bears", despite Cumins wanting a team for years, and only after PNG has been admitted, isn't a ringing endorsement for Perth.

Peter Cumins' comments about Western Australians not accepting a team from Sydney that plays games at NSO could hurt Perth's chances of getting a team. If I was the Bears I wouldn't want to deal with Cumins' consortium after he basically said they doesn't want anything to do with a Sydney club.

It's a bit rich for a pawnbroker to turn his nose up at a team from the second tier of NSW being relocated to Perth. He's made a living selling secondhand products to people around the world, yet he will only accept a "brand new" team for Perth?

Bukowski

Juniors

They have resources. But don't ask any more questions about that. It's just resources ok!

Centy Coast

Juniors

Perth need the Bears, imagine if another strain of Covid hit and you shut your whole State down again because of a little cold lol.
The Perth Bears can then play all of their games out of North Sydney Oval and Central Coast Stadium until the zombie virus has disappeared again.
Sorry I couldn’t help myself, any of you WA people had Covid yet ?.
If not the Bears will bring it across with us.

Centy Coast

Juniors
A few meetings between V'landys and Cook doesn't mean Perth is guaranteed a licence. The fact V'landys is still pushing for "Perth Bears", despite Cumins wanting a team for years, and only after PNG has been admitted, isn't a ringing endorsement for Perth.

Peter Cumins' comments about Western Australians not accepting a team from Sydney that plays games at NSO could hurt Perth's chances of getting a team. If I was the Bears I wouldn't want to deal with Cumins' consortium after he basically said they doesn't want anything to do with a Sydney club.

It's a bit rich for a pawnbroker to turn his nose up at a team from the second tier of NSW being relocated to Perth. He's made a living selling secondhand products to people around the world, yet he will only accept a "brand new" team for Perth?
Peter Cumins’ comments were made on Saturday this is no doubt V’Landys response to those comments.

Last edited:
Cumins’ comments were made on Saturday this is no doubt V’Landys response to those comments.
What are the odds of both parties agreeing to join forces?

It sounds like Cumins' consortium isn't keen on a Sydney club relocating to Perth. Some one needs to remind these people they need the Bears just as much as the Bears need them.

final say

Juniors

I remember when the media were all in on the Perth Bears as the 18th team. That turned out to be wrong and ended up being replaced with articles about the Bears siding with Pasifika and PNG. Around 7 or 8 years ago we had the media going into over drive about the Gold Coast Bears replacing the Gold Coast Titans. At one stage we had the media saying the next three teams would be PNG, North Sydney and Newtown.
You forgot South Island Bears..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nobody wants the Bears, PNG said no, Perth said no, you think Christchurch want them? Theres only stuck in the 80's Vlandys and an out of touch PM that does lol
Maybe they should take the hint and change their arrogant approach?

Nuke

Staff member
Nobody wants the Bears, PNG said no, Perth said no, you think Christchurch want them? Theres only stuck in the 80's Vlandys and an out of touch PM that does lol
Maybe they should take the hint and change their arrogant approach?
... and get rid of (most of, if not all of) their non-negotiables.

Wb1234

Referee

@Centy Coast has been talking about the bears making a lot of concessions

apparently they aren’t even asking for a minority shareholding in the bid which I personally don’t believe

The fact Cummins hasn’t been spoken too but the bears have been kept in the loop makes me feel the bears are in a strong position

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth pirates = no value for broadcasters
Perth bears = genuine value for broadcasters
Out of interested why do you think that? Do you think more people in Sydney and Brisbane will tune in to watch the Perth Bears than the WC Pirates? What makes you think that once the first year novelty has worn off? I dont see any major Sydney uplift in tv audience when the sharks or manly play v when Melbourne or Brisbane play?

Latest posts