What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 2 D-day

Brian potter

Bench
Short term - NSW & QLD Cup plus SL and Union

Longer term - Perth, PNG and South Island pathways once setup
also NZ, Australia and Fijian schoolboy union talent as well as silktails and pacifique treize which would be classed as mid-long term because of ages.

im also sure a few players could be picked up from the union 7’s circuit i.e. Will warbrick and if you want to think outside of the box there’s US college football athletes sourced from NRL combines.

shewi6

Juniors
The NRL controls the draw. As Sydney clubs move to sharing centralised grounds, you'll have teams playing 15-16 games a season at the SFS. If the NRL wants to play 12 games in Perth and a game at NSO then they can shift the draw from the centralised ground games. It all depends if the NRL sees value in keep 12 Perth games and a NSO game.
The nrl controls the draw but clubs decide where they play. I mean bloody hell the sharks even played finals matches at their dump of a ground and the nrl controls the finals.

I don't see the small suburban clubs taking any games to the sfs now that they are financed so well from the club grant.

If it didn't happen whilst they were cash strapped in the past, after the sfs was rebuilt or in the sharks case when they can only use 60% of their below par ground, then i don't see a reason they suddenly decide to do it now.

If anything it was going in the right direction over 10 years ago, we had 4 clubs utilising homebush and members got reciprocal rights to away games. We don't even have that now (only 2 sths dogs games) and at a time when memberships have grown and could have maximised attendances.

Just a shame that homebush is such a sub par stadium, we could have built an attendance culture there with arguably the 4 biggest sydney clubs.

MugaB

Coach
The nrl controls the draw but clubs decide where they play. I mean bloody hell the sharks even played finals matches at their dump of a ground and the nrl controls the finals.

I don't see the small suburban clubs taking any games to the sfs now that they are financed so well from the club grant.

If it didn't happen whilst they were cash strapped in the past, after the sfs was rebuilt or in the sharks case when they can only use 60% of their below par ground, then i don't see a reason they suddenly decide to do it now.

If anything it was going in the right direction over 10 years ago, we had 4 clubs utilising homebush and members got reciprocal rights to away games. We don't even have that now (only 2 sths dogs games) and at a time when memberships have grown and could have maximised attendances.

Just a shame that homebush is such a sub par stadium, we could have built an attendance culture there with arguably the 4 biggest sydney clubs.
Dogs tigers, souffs, who was the 4th one?

Perth Red

Post Whore
If NSLC wants to chuck the Perth Bears $500k to play at a tiny outdated ground that would lose us money then I could live with that!
be good excuse for a weekend away. Be funny if full perth membership included that game and ns fans couldn’t get in lol

Pippen94

First Grade
If NSLC wants to chuck the Perth Bears $500k to play at a tiny outdated ground that would lose us money then I could live with that!
be good excuse for a weekend away. Be funny if full perth membership included that game and ns fans couldn’t get in lol

No-one is throwing money at Perth on either side of the country.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No-one is throwing money at Perth on either side of the country.
How much is it burning you up that Perth has now been an announced as one of the favourites for 18 or 19?

Your bitter tears taste oh so sweet, kept it up I’m loving it lol

MugaB

Coach
How much is it burning you up that Perth has now been an announced as one of the favourites for 18 or 19?

Remember V'Dog wants the Bears as 19th, might or might not be in Perth lol, best not to gloat yet bro, from what centy was saying some months ago they could end up as Brisbane Easts (again another merger)

Pippen94

First Grade

Wait, when did that happen?! You're going off prematurely again which is your want!

Pippen94

First Grade
Remember V'Dog wants the Bears as 19th, might or might not be in Perth lol, best not to gloat yet bro, from what centy was saying some months ago they could end up as Brisbane Easts (again another merger)

Telly article doesn't determine favourite. You're right, Vlandys wants Perth only with bears. NRL hasn't spoken to Perth bid, which is biggest thing to come from article.

MugaB

Coach
Telly article doesn't determine favourite. You're right, Vlandys wants Perth only with bears. NRL hasn't spoken to Perth bid, which is biggest thing to come from article.
They have been in talks but with the wa govt, not cumins bid, WBs ticktok news advert showed WA Tourism Minister Rita Saffioti who's doing the leg work

Screenshot_20240514_104533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
How does the perth bid know they need to raise $30mill if they havent spoken with the NRL genius?

MugaB

Coach
How does the perth bid know they need to raise $30mill if they havent spoken with the NRL genius?
East tigers said things of the same degree some years back too, maybe thats the line that gets thrown around, I remember the nz orcas guy saying he needed 50 mil, said that was going to happen too
????

Perth Red

Post Whore
East tigers said things of the same degree some years back too, maybe thats the line that gets thrown around, I remember the nz orcas guy saying he needed 50 mil, said that was going to happen too
????
He literally said, 'we have been told....'
Like I said NRLWA and Cumins are very closely aligned, the bid will have been leaning on that relationship for discussions with NRLHQ. Its dumb to think otherwise.

MugaB

Coach
He literally said, 'we have been told....'
Like I said NRLWA and Cumins are very closely aligned, the bid will have been leaning on that relationship for discussions with NRLHQ. Its dumb to think otherwise.
Sorry if I don't take 'His' word as truth in all things regarding these favourable bids, remember the WA rl is run on an oily rag after all, and this guy who's very very flush has funded rl for a while now, seems like he could have done something sooner

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sorry if I don't take 'His' word as truth in all things regarding these favourable bids, remember the WA rl is run on an oily rag after all, and this guy who's very very flush has funded rl for a while now, seems like he could have done something sooner
WTF? Hes been at it for 14 years now trying to get a Perth NRL club back! What do you mean he could have done something sooner? Did you miss the whole WA Reds relaunch and the Pirates bid launch a decade ago, the SG ball side he funded or the ongoing sponsorship he pumps into NRLWA?

Im going to take the word of a guy thats spent millions of his own money on RL in WA over any one on here lol.

MugaB

Coach
WTF? Hes been at it for 14 years now trying to get a Perth NRL club back! What do you mean he could have done something sooner? Did you miss the whole WA Reds relaunch and the Pirates bid launch a decade ago, the SG ball side he funded or the ongoing sponsorship he pumps into NRLWA?

Im going to take the word of a guy thats spent millions of his own money on RL in WA over any one on here lol.
Bears have wanted to talk for half that period, his non negotiables has stopped either WA and the Bears from returning, hell they could have been the 17th team by now, we'd be talking about the dolphins coming into as 18th

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bears have wanted to talk for half that period, his non negotiables has stopped either WA and the Bears from returning, hell they could have been the 17th team by now, we'd be talking about the dolphins coming into as 18th
Did you read his interview? He was asked not to speak with them and let the WA Govt funded consultants deal with any interested partners.

Please, it was only a couple of years ago Vlandys was calling us a waste of money! Youre in cuckoo land if you think a Bears partnership before now gets Perth a club. Its taken a massive attitude swing by NRLHQ, which Id suggest has only happened due to WA Govt intervention, to get us to today.

MugaB

Coach
Did you read his interview? He was asked not to speak with them and let the WA Govt funded consultants deal with any interested partners.

Please, it was only a couple of years ago Vlandys was calling us a waste of money! Youre in cuckoo land if you think a Bears partnership before now gets Perth a club. Its taken a massive attitude swing by NRLHQ, which Id suggest has only happened due to WA Govt intervention, to get us to today.
Hahahahahaha, i wonder why he was told NOT to talk to them, no bro let me handle the talk, you go over there and work on your toys, I'll sort this out ..ffs, it's no secret these guys want what the NRL has, and cumins is a bomb waiting to explode that deal, they don't want his parohatical ideals f**king up a potential tourism money making deal for home games at either Optus or PrS