What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 23 - The Goldie

stevo

Juniors
Firstly, has anyone been to a League game at Carrara? I was going to get GA tickets and was hoping that there was like a grassed hill type area that me and my mates could stand in. I'm also hoping that the ground is more away team friendly then Suncorp, as in, you rock up with your GA ticket and find yourself a bit of grass and other Knights fans can join you. Kinda like what you guys have down there in some stadiums. It was too hard at Suncorp to pick out fellow forumers.

So who's coming? Is anyone from Newie making the trek up? After the Broncos game i'm not too sure if i would if i lived down there. Hopefully some of you guys do. You up for this game Astro???

Anyways, because it is a Saturday night game JAD and i, as well as a few mates of ours are stayng down the coast for the night and heading out after the game. Anyone that wants to join us is most welcome. We will most likely hit a pub before the game for a few cold ones , ok maybe more then a few. It's still a bit bloody hot up here. We need to do something to stay cool :alcho:

Serc

First Grade
Yep you can count me in for the game - hopefully my chances of spotting some of you guys are increased over bloody Suncorp! Can pencil me in for any pre or post game festivities, depends on what my mates are doing... will post back in here with what i'm going to do in the next 2 weeks or so.

funky_pineapple

Juniors
Unfortunately I am not going. I was really looking forward to being able to sit with other Knights fans for once. I've got a friend's engagement party that night. If the game was a 5:30 kick-off I could've gone to the game and been slightly late to the party but there's no way I can make it now.

Stupid Jodie, she gets engaged 5 months ago and she picks 23rd June of all nights to have her engagement party. The party's even at the coast so I would've made great time too. I would've barely been late at all.:( Maybe I can make some post-game drinks if any are planned.

I'm guessing that a no-show for the engagement party means no invite to the wedding. Even if I do have a really good reason. (Well I think I do, but I'm sure she won't see it that way.) My family loves footy so much that my Dad tried to schedule my little sister's Christening around the footy. The guests came to the Christening, then about 15 of them went to the footy and then they came back to the party. My mum put her foot down and Dad and I weren't allowed to go. We had to stay for the whole thing. What can I say... it was the 80's and my whole extended family are Parramatta supporters. Season tickets are meant to be used. lol

CJKnight

Juniors
I live on the coast and this will be my first chance to see the Knights play for quite awhile. I'm always keen to meet up with fellow supporters at the game, so count me in.

Last time I went to the Carlton vs. Kangaroos AFL game and had to stand up the whole time, it was so packed. Eventually we got a nice view about halfway, under the top tier. Mind you we weren't supposed to be there but I know a couple of the security team there so I was able to do some sweet-talking.

Whats Doing

Bench
Any one going be aware it is the worst football ground to watch the footy. I'll have stand seats but it still is atrocious. Bring your binoculars

stevo

Juniors
Are we allowed to take in a banner. I didn't bother for the Broncs game cause i got in trouble at the Test match for trying to take one in that i thought was smallish, it didn't even have poles and i had to wait around for a special clearance. Then they went on about how it was too big and how signs can only be yay big :blahb: :blahb: I reckon it had more to do with my Knights jersey i was wearing. It's a conspiracy i tell ya.....

I heard Carrara was not the best ground to watch the footy at. I assume they'll have a decent big screen there at one end of the ground....

PrideKnight

Bench
Hypothetically if i were to come, would i want to be staying in sufers, coolangatta etc, i.e. whats the best place for gettin to carrara and havin a good night out?

stevo

Juniors
Well JAD and I are staying at Surfers. There's like 5 of us and it's costing about 35 bucks each. She would be the best to ask as she stays down there a bit i think. We are just going to catch a bus to the game.

Whats Doing

Bench
Best to stay at Surfers. If you have a game ticket there is are free bus services to and from surfers. Let us know if you want more info such as where and times.

There is a large screen at the other end of the ground from the entry and I don't think there will be any problems bringing in a banner.

les norton

First Grade
Broadbeach would be best IMO :D

Straight down nerang broady road and you're there...I think i am coming. Just working out the formalities - But the peeps are right. Carrara is Sh!te

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
I'm looking forward to this game, but the result better be a LOT different to the one in Brisbane!

les is right, Broadbeach is definitely the place to stay if you want to be close to the stadium. If you're going out after the game, I'd suggest a place in Surfer's. That way you can get a free or cheap bus from Surfer's to the game, and back again, and then after drinking at clubs it's only a short stumbling distance back to the hotel. :) Coolangatta is close to the airport but it is miles away from the stadium and the decent night life.

Book quick, because that weekend just happens to be when school holidays start. Half the places are booked out already. Most of the ones left are minimum 2 nights stay. :?

stevo

Juniors
Is our place booked mate. I hope so. I so don't wanna do the whole stay out all night then catch the first morning train home. I feel sick just thinking about it. Plus we will be at the new joint then and have no way of getting back to the house

stevo

Juniors
:( Damn it! The goldie was always going to be best of either trip. So much more to see and do. Game wise, we will have to wait....

stevo

Juniors
yeah, they may have been called chicken burgers but they sure didn't taste like a chicken burger........ We should have asked for our money back. hehe that would have made that rude chick that served us cry :lol:

Whats Doing

Bench
To be honest, wait until the Titans mopve to their new home ground next year. It will be awsome and well worth the trip.

stevo

Juniors
yeah, the plans for that place look awsome. Right near Robina station too so no bus connections to worry about :) I'll prob go to games down there over the ones up here. So sick of stupid Bronco fans.

Latest posts