What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June 30th Signings.....

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Also, im fairly sure Brown said he wasnt interested in mid-year signings...

At best, june 30 is the last chance to offload Gags before the offseason, but im not waiting for us to make any signings.

knightsarmy

Juniors
Damm Was just seeing all these other rush of signings and thought it was June 1st

we did get a couple of handy mid years last year so why not try again this year

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Also, im fairly sure Brown said he wasnt interested in mid-year signings...

At best, june 30 is the last chance to offload Gags before the offseason, but im not waiting for us to make any signings.
Not without a trade. Gagai has his floors, but the team is so inexperienced that it's beneficial to have a bloke as experienced as him in the team.. Having said that, I also see the argument of blooding a new player.

Nuke

Staff member
We really don't need to blood a new player! We are blooding pretty much an entire squad presently, and have been for a couple of years. Throwing young fellas into the weekly deep end that is the NRL isn't doing them an awful lot of good if they don't have older/experienced teammates around them to lead them and show them what it takes to become NRL players.

While most of our squad has some potential to be NRL-quality players on a week-by-week basis, as it is right now, most of the Knights players are only there because there aren't better players in the team.

It's those that have big-game experience that will help our younger players cope with the weekly demands placed heavily on their shoulders. Dane Gagai is one of those big-game experienced players. He is one of only maybe 3 or 4 current Knights who could be a first-grader at any NRL club. We need players like him in our team for as long as possible.

Does Gagai add his experience to the team?
He doesn't seem to do much talking and still seems to be a player we are trying to fit in.

Spot On

Coach
Gags has really pulled the wool over the eyes of some fair weather rugby league sypporters. It is understandsble for those who have seen him play his entire rep career - 5 games at this point - and none too many for Newcastle

For those of us who have been patiently watching and waiting for his development into a top line centre .... well................

to be continued in a red and green jersey.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Does Gagai add his experience to the team?
He doesn't seem to do much talking and still seems to be a player we are trying to fit in.

If Gags was serious about adding experience he should have stepped up to captain the team when Hodko was dropped and we had all those injuries.

Instead we have a kid as our on field leader.

Nuke

Staff member
Guerra signed on? Is this legit or speculation?

I did read today that SKD may be a mid-season switch to Newcastle if circumstances work out, but again, nothing confirmed as far as I know.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Guerra signed on? Is this legit or speculation?

I did read today that SKD may be a mid-season switch to Newcastle if circumstances work out, but again, nothing confirmed as far as I know.
Speculation at this stage

As for SKD I would put him straight in to the side for Sio who has offered nothing

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Speculation at this stage

As for SKD I would put him straight in to the side for Sio who has offered nothing

A bit harsh, Sio has been very solid on the right wing. Doesn't get much ball out there because we favour our left edge in attack but his defence, especially against kicks has been pretty good, also works hard and makes good metres coming out of our own end. It's true that if we brought SKD in before June 30 Sio is probably the guy who makes way but to say he's offered nothing is a bit exaggerated.

If we got SKD I imagine he'll play centre in 2018 and be a direct swap for Gagai.

Glendale

Juniors
I'm really torn 50/50 with SKD. Don't know wether I like it or hate it. On one hand, a cheap, experienced outside back who improves our team. On the other hand, baggage and drama we don't need.

mozza91

Coach
I'm really torn 50/50 with SKD. Don't know wether I like it or hate it. On one hand, a cheap, experienced outside back who improves our team. On the other hand, baggage and drama we don't need.
Not to mention over the hill and incredibly error prone. Surely we can do better.

mozza91

Coach
Can we? There was talk of James Roberts, but he's even more of an off-field liability.
Pete is better at this stage. Roberts would be great 10 times the player SKD is. Not sure who else is off contact but Kenny Dowall is in no way the solution for us.

Latest posts