What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June's NRL game

Nuke

Staff member
You'll be sitting somewhere near me then. I'm in abouts that area too. Look out for the group of Newcastle supporters! I'll be wearing my 2009 Newcastle heritage jersey, Mum & my sister will most likely be wearing their Newcastle jerseys, and Dad tells me he'll be wearing his Wests Newcastle shirt as they're red and green and he -like the rest of us- will be cheering on Souths.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm heading over from Melbourne to watch the game, I was surprised to find most Gold seating is booked out already. Got silver tickets on the Western side of the ground.

I'll be wearing my STorm top and Reds cap, so you want be the only Storm supporter there mate!

Most of Gold sold out to as part of memberships/corporate packages.

Perth Red

Post Whore
ps Shame the WARL didn't either have a bye weekend or schedule the games for Sunday. Bit of poor plan ing there that could cost a few hundred on the gate.

in fact if I was in charge of marketing I would have offered seats behind the sticks to WARL clubs on a by 5 get 7 tickets deal and encourged clubs to come in their club colours. Would have been a great sight to fill that end stand with our own players and clubs. Remember the NFL doing something similiar when there was a game on at Wembley in the late 80's and there were 20,000 Jnr american footbal players all in their club jerseys. Looked awsome.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Ticket prices are another issue and having been to a few games in Sydney over the last couple of years the prices for this game are about $10 more than you would pay over East (and they moan about their prices!)

Try paying it everyweek.

Its not so much the prices, but the lack of help that we get. Our clubs are struggling for crowds and we need families to get involved. Family ticket prices are to expensive, food is crap and expensive and most games are at night.

Also keep us updated on the ticket sales. Would love for this to get a massive crowd.

Swamp

Juniors
You'll be sitting somewhere near me then. I'm in abouts that area too. Look out for the group of Newcastle supporters! I'll be wearing my 2009 Newcastle heritage jersey, Mum & my sister will most likely be wearing their Newcastle jerseys, and Dad tells me he'll be wearing his Wests Newcastle shirt as they're red and green and he -like the rest of us- will be cheering on Souths.

Hey Nuke, are you a maggot? I played with the maggots in 90-91. My old man played played all his life with Wests. He even played one game with Johnny Raper in 1970 when he came up to play.

Anyway, I ahve organised my tickets. There will be a about 6 of us, only myself that attended the Roosters v Dragons game so hopefully a few more to the tally!

Swamp

Nuke

Staff member
Never played for them, but am a (at least) 3rd generation Wests Newcastle supporter. Dad played club footy in Newcastle under the Wests banner when he was younger than I am (so that'd make it early-mid 1970's?). I don't think he ever actually played for Wests, but I couldn't tell you for sure. It would only have been 5th grade or something like that.

With me being born in Belmont (Newcastle's Belmont, not Perth's), my close 2nd team in the Newcastle RL comp is Lakes. I am happy when either side wins, and don't actually mind who wins when they play eachother ... but I suppose with my family being Wests people, I'd say I should be happier when Wests win!

Swamp

Juniors
Never played for them, but am a (at least) 3rd generation Wests Newcastle supporter. Dad played club footy in Newcastle under the Wests banner when he was younger than I am (so that'd make it early-mid 1970's?). I don't think he ever actually played for Wests, but I couldn't tell you for sure. It would only have been 5th grade or something like that.

With me being born in Belmont (Newcastle's Belmont, not Perth's), my close 2nd team in the Newcastle RL comp is Lakes. I am happy when either side wins, and don't actually mind who wins when they play eachother ... but I suppose with my family being Wests people, I'd say I should be happier when Wests win!

That would be first, someone supporting both Lakes & West. Actually, I have never heard of anyone supporting West unless they are a sole West supporter.

So Nuke, are you playing for Joondalup now? I played under Peter Parr at Applecross from 92-93 (although out injured with two shoulder reconstructions) & was the assistant coach in 94.

Swamp

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah Swamp, I'm a Reserve Grade winger. I'm 28, so have only played against the likes of Applecross in the juniors.

And, yeah, I suppose it is kinda odd me supporting Wests and Lakes at the same time! I think because I've pretty much grown up over here I'm too far away to get fired up about it. I have only been to one Newcastle RL game in my life. That was a few years ago (2004 maybe?) at Harker Oval. Wests beat Cessnock that day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Over 10,000 tickets now sold. great news and with fair weather we should get a few thousand walk ups as well. i rang the club earlier in the week and ended getting memberships to get decent seats. Looking like it will be a great night for RL in WA. Lets hope the Reds can lift and that Sth's can turn up and make a game of it.

anonomous009

Juniors
1 more sleep!!! BRING ON THE NRL IN PERTH YEAYAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Will be good to see the Reds running around in front of a big crowd before we get some live NRL. My son is going mad, he is a rabbitohs nut, just trying to keep him calm because I am expecting the Storm to run rampant on the rabbits. They are getting back to the sort of form that makes you think no one can beat them.

On another note I saw this on the Reds site and it made me a little concerned.

"Team management have named an extended bench with 24 players available allowing time for the team to “select themselves” in an effort to address the form slump."

I thought this was a bit of a gee up, why are our players selecting the team? Have our coaches and selection panel given up? I'll tell you how to address a form slump. Drop the players who aren't in form and give some one in form a crack.

I hope the team that runs out tomorrow is the right one and we can get a win, it will be tough over top of the ladder but hopefully the boys can feed off the crowd and take it home.

UP THE MIGHTY REDS!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Suns out and going to stay out so will be a nice dry pitch, but wrap up warm as temp is expected to drop below 10degrees!

Can't wait, my first chance to see teh Storm live and in my own backyard!

How come gates are opening at 5.10pm and Reds kicking off at 5.15pm? Doesn't give much time to get a beer and get to our seats!

black and gold

Juniors
Suns out and going to stay out so will be a nice dry pitch, but wrap up warm as temp is expected to drop below 10degrees!

Can't wait, my first chance to see teh Storm live and in my own backyard!

How come gates are opening at 5.10pm and Reds kicking off at 5.15pm? Doesn't give much time to get a beer and get to our seats!
thats mes for you mate. last year we had a game there and the players had to be there one hour and a half before the game to get ready etc etc. blokes came with wifes and girlfreinds and quite a few had babies in prams and mes security wouldnt let the families in until 15 mitites before kick off. they all had to stand on the street.

Nuke

Staff member
Yep. It's the stadium itself. I forget the figures, but it costs a LOT per every 15mins (I think it was) to have security on duty. Basically, they don't want to pay the large amount required to open the gates any earlier than at the last minute.

To be honest, I don't think too many people will be going to the ground to watch the Reds game, so not many will be too worried.

There was a large crowd waiting outside the gates before they opened though, so I'd imagine it'd be something similar tomorrow evening.

Latest posts