What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just quit

Smack

Coach
Best way to go. I tried gum and patches and only wound up making myself sick because I would smoke on top of it.

2 weeks now

I did patches the first time I quit, I used them for long distance flights too so it was manageable. It worked and I was off for years, but the patches gave me nightmares. Didn't want to go through that shit again while on HRT, god knows wtf will happen.

4E1CA0E900000578-0-image-a-9_1531279173425.jpg

TheFrog

Coach
2 weeks now

I did patches the first time I quit, I used them for long distance flights too so it was manageable. It worked and I was off for years, but the patches gave me nightmares. Didn't want to go through that shit again while on HRT, god knows wtf will happen.
I found the chewy good, but you do get addicted to them. Still, your lungs aren't getting hammered. I went onto the lozenges eventually and it wasn't that hard to have less and less over time. Eventually I'd break them into quarters. It's been 15 years now.

I tried gum and patches and only wound up making myself sick because I would smoke on top of it.

There is still some willpower involved. Neither the gum, patches or lozenges give the immediate hit of smoking, but this is the easiest part of it to overcome I found. It takes a minute or two instead of a second or two. If you want to smoke even with nicotine being supplied from elsewhere, I don't think cold turkey is going to work for you.

Last edited: