What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just saying...

M2D2

Bench
So are 8 other teams #Justsaying
9nohQh4.jpg

taipan

Referee

I recognise that photo appeared in many places, notice no sign of anyone from the 15 other NRL teams appearing in it.Wise pundits call it bragging rights.

As Julius Sumner Miller once said why is this so? Were the others rejected by John West?
We are unique at least til Rocktober, numero uno, top dog, all plebs wanting to bite at our heels.

Pass me the caviar,I'm sick of lobster mornay, and truffle.

ghoti

Bench
Maths was my best subject

But like Gus " the Smartest Man in League" said last year was the weakest comp since the start of the nrl era with

Parra not allowed to play finals footy and all the tops teams having bad seasons

Haha, thats one of my favourite Gouldisms of all time. "The 'top teams' finished at the bottom and thus the competition is weak makes NO sense." A team that placed 12th is no longer a top team, whether it's Roosters, Manly, or Souths means shit all. Canberra and Cronulla, Penrith, Titans etc all finishing in the top eight makes THEM the top teams.

Gus' opinion of the week field last year is fine, but his reasons just don't stack up. Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and Nth Queensland were all inches away from the premiership...And as it goes every single year, the best side that gets a good run with injuries, and has a couple things go their way (like Chambers not passing to Cronk to win the game in the GF) ends up with the trophy. There was little difference last year to any other year before that

wibble

Bench
Maths was my best subject

But like Gus " the Smartest Man in League" said last year was the weakest comp since the start of the nrl era with

Parra not allowed to play finals footy and all the tops teams having bad seasons

Parra showing this year the fearsome opposition they would have put up last year if they had been "allowed" to cheat their way to the finals.

snout

First Grade
Storm beat Drags tomorrow.

In two weeks we win at Drags as its our turn, it's their home game plus they have no widdop so wont get past zero.

We then move into 2nd spot.

Latest posts