What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just to prove my own genius

Frenzy.

Immortal
In what was a gimp fight I said during the game that penalties would make the difference.

Well they did. In a few ways. We didnt nothing with 6 penalties received in the second half. We scored on the seventh try but they were one down and Lewie ran through Kearys hole I think. So to speak. No bigger demonstration of the impotency of the Sharks attack without BB, ME and in this game WG for most of it.

They got 5 all game and Godon kicked 3 penalty goals. 2 tries all. 2 conversions to BBQ 1 to Mickey G. 1 penalty goal to Jimmy. 3 to Gordon.

Also posted to piss people off

tye

Juniors
In what was a gimp fight I said during the game that penalties would make the difference.

Well they did. In a few ways. We didnt nothing with 6 penalties received in the second half. We scored on the seventh try but they were one down and Lewie ran through Kearys hole I think. So to speak. No bigger demonstration of the impotency of the Sharks attack without BB, ME and in this game WG for most of it.

They got 5 all game and Godon kicked 3 penalty goals. 2 tries all. 2 conversions to BBQ 1 to Mickey G. 1 penalty goal to Jimmy. 3 to Gordon.

The signs were ther when Wade went of in the 2nd half last week against the cows, it was a carbon copy of the 2nd half last night.

snout

First Grade

No BB or ME....

These 2 and 1 other- JM - were the our big 3 instrumental in getting the rest to play to their optimum and get us our maiden.

2 are gone.
And the third has decided he will get into a public slanging match with the head of the game about money - thats when he isnt chasing our club for more of the same.

Fphark me.....and lm on record as saying we will go b2b.

Snowballs chance.

Theres my genius.

Stake Removed

First Grade
All great points our backlines and 2nd row this year again last

2016-2017
fullback

Barba - Holmes

Right side

Lewis - Lewis
Bird - Capewell
Holmes - Beale

Left Side

Graham - last 2 games basically Bakuya
Leutele - Leutele
Feki - Feki

Add to that Bird's form is not was it was, and with Holmes on wing he would score tries most wouldnt

snout

First Grade
Our right flank contributed 20+ tries in 2016.
Its a drought this year

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Cause we never throw it out to the wingers, only attacking the line when the defence is on us.

snout

First Grade
Our 1 last year linked to make an extra man consistently.
Our right winger only had to worry about a half-pike with or without or twist.

This year....no extra man.

Last night was business as usual. Predictable.
We threw nothing at em..... until keary was sent.

Oila!.....an extra man.

Try.

Inside ball or outside ball. Either one puts defence in edge.

It aint rocket science.

Last edited:

Zachary Smith

Juniors
Doogs to FB next year so we can put Val back on the wing where he scores tries.

Maybe we could put Beale at FB and Val back on the wing?

bluefox68

Staff member
You don't remember Beale at fullback do you?
My memory is that he was about the same as Holmes has been - safe but not very effective in attack - can't remember defence...

I personally like 1. Dugan 3. Beale 5. Holmes

Then, I would like to see the 20s outside backs given a chance on the left side - Feki / Leutele are not offering much!!!

YTSharks

Juniors
My memory is that he was about the same as Holmes has been - safe but not very effective in attack - can't remember defence...

I personally like 1. Dugan 3. Beale 5. Holmes

Then, I would like to see the 20s outside backs given a chance on the left side - Feki / Leutele are not offering much!!!
His game against tigers still gives me nightmares. Absolute shocker. Blew 3 tries. Dropped a bomb that lead to one. Didn't do much in defence to stop a couple of others.
While Holmes hasn't been as good as we would have liked, and it's fair to put Dugan at 1 next year, I don't think Beale at 1 would help us at all.
Agree with him at centre next year if he's still here. And the left side is in a bit of a slump, giving someone like Ramien or Katoa a game or two to put the pressure on them isn't a bad idea.