What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justice for the Wests Tigers

GongPanther

Referee

So the Captain challenge by James Tamou was NOT allowed claiming the kick was illegal and called offside..Ref says already cleared.....mmmmm
Kick offs have been taken in that style for years, and with penalties been given as the emphisis is more on the other players. Even Rugby Union has to apply that same agle of approach to the ball in their 10 yard kick offs.

super_coach

First Grade
Some talk that the audio is now with the commission and is looking a tad ugly for the NRL. Like everything else that has a bad smell for the NRL it will be swept under the rug or a deal will be struck

JamesRustle

First Grade
SOO 1 then. NSW wanted a penalty at the end, Had challenges but the game was ended without giving them a change to challenge. It is a stupid rule to now say you can
Agree. Anyway, I'll be listening for the short and long whistles at the end of every half of footy I watch from here to eternity.

big hit!

Bench
Some talk that the audio is now with the commission and is looking a tad ugly for the NRL. Like everything else that has a bad smell for the NRL it will be swept under the rug or a deal will be struck

Old news. So much has happened in rugba leeg since Sunday.

snickers007

Juniors
Agree. Anyway, I'll be listening for the short and long whistles at the end of every half of footy I watch from here to eternity.

Unless something happens at the end of the game (like a push and shove), the short whistle is immediately followed by the long whistle. Teams won't have much time to get their challenges in.

Bazal

Post Whore
Unless something happens at the end of the game (like a push and shove), the short whistle is immediately followed by the long whistle. Teams won't have much time to get their challenges in.

Both teams should just scream "challenge!!!!" Non stop for the last 60 seconds of the game, just in case.

One of them is bound to sneak in between the short whistle and the long whistle

JamesRustle

First Grade
Can you generally make the distinction between the two whistles? I can't say I've ever noticed a short followed by a long, unless we're talking my coffee drinking habits.

snickers007

Juniors
Can you generally make the distinction between the two whistles? I can't say I've ever noticed a short followed by a long, unless we're talking my coffee drinking habits.

Have a look at this. Fast forward to about 7:10 when Reed Mahoney gets away with one of the most blatant voluntary tackles ever seen.

You'll notice a whistle to stop play. A couple of seconds pause, and then the full-time whistle.

Compare it to this one, where the short whistle to stop play, leads directly into the full-time whistle. About 6:15 into video.

Last edited:

Bukowski

Juniors
A shame the club's longest serving current player is thought of in such a way. Take the last 24 months out of the equation, he's been a great servant for the club.
A very well paid 'servant'. Hastings into halfback this week so things are looking up for us.