What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans

Named in the NYC team of the year. So is Jacob Miller :x:x:x:x:x

I think our forward stocks are great atm and I find it no surprise we started going well without Braith, Myles and to a lesser extent FPN not in the forwards. Hopefully FG honours come Evans' way in the next few years at the Roosters and not elsewhere.

Evans named in Toyota Cup Team of the Year

30/08/2011 12:22:49 PM

Young Roosters prop forward Kane Evans has been named in the starting front row in the 2011 Toyota Cup Team of the Year.
Evans has been in great form all season for the young Roosters, constantly breaking through the first line of defence and proving to be a rock of his own when defending the try line.
The towering forward played in the SG Ball for two seasons, first for the Newtown Jets in 2009, and then in the Roosters premiership winning team in 2010.
The 19 year old is ecstatic about being named in the Toyota Cup Team of the year and is looking forward to adding a premiership to today’s honour.
“I think we have the team to win it this year, we are well coached and working hard so if we keep doing what we are doing anything is possible for us this year,” he said.
The likeable youngster mixes his full time job with Leichhardt Council with occasional training sessions with the Roosters NRL squad.
In exciting news for the club Evans is eligible to run around in the Toyota Cup competition again next season.
LINK

Jack_Napier

Staff member
definityl been one of the benefits of havin the first grade boys play like shit most of the year is really taking notice of the 20's, specially the last 2 months. Fantastic effort by evans, well done.

Didgi

Just on junior Roosters and rep teams, given Hurrell is a kiwi, definitely wouldn't be surprised to see TTM in the Junior Kangaroos side, if such a fixture is taking place this year.

Well done to Evans, has had a good year.

Last edited: