What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos captain for Tri Nations - Buderis???

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Buderis has claims to the job.

if you want danny to be captain, thats fine, but do the guy some justice and spell his name correctly BUDERUS. Its about the 5th time you have got it wrong. I am not nit picking, as it is now multiple times.
Lockyer will be captain so this is a non issue.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Well, he should be.

Twice Victoriuos Blues skipper, current holder of Dally M Player of the year - and guaranteed -barring injury - of being the hooker for the 'roos.

We thnik of test captaincy as a Locketyer v Johns debate. Lockeyer was totally outclassed as a captain and player - Joey ko'd him. However, Joey ain't blues skipper anymore.

Danny Buderis should be test captain.

hes overated
shouldnt b skipper

Stevo_G

Juniors
lockyer should be captain of the roos and there shouldnt be any arguement about it his record whilst being captain stands for itself

Pistol

Coach
Absolutely Lockyer WILL be Test captain. Did Danny Buderus hand Johns the Blues captains job when he was brought back? The answer is......NO.

Mr Saab

Referee
Pistol said:
Absolutely Lockyer WILL be Test captain. Did Danny Buderus hand Johns the Blues captains job when he was brought back? The answer is......NO.

thats right...but misty brain doesnt let the facts get in the way of his posts.
If Johns cant over take Buderus as captain of the Blues, then WHY should Lockyer give up his spot to either Johns or Buderus? Doesnt make sense to me

Booyah

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
johns didnt miss one or two tests...he missed close to 10 since his last test mid 2003.
Lockyer missed one test last yr on tour and buderus replaced him as he was vice captain.

One game? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Buderus has captained Australia twice in Lockies absence.

In any case, Lockyer is the main man for captaincy. No question.

Big Pete

Referee
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
Cameron Smith was one of the worst players for the

QLD-Landers this year….. Ordinary goal-kicking and

No dummy-half runs.

Thats why he only missed one conversion?

Tommy Smith

Referee
I dont think there's any doubt that Johns is a better captain than Lockyer, who to me is a follower not a leader.

However, purely for the fact that it would be considered harsh to strip him of the captaincy and give it back to the rightful man - Johns - it won't happen.

Misty Bee

First Grade
If Freddy fittler had played like Lockeyer did last night, Queenslanders would be calling for his head. Fact is that Lockeyer had a poor series. BuderOs didn't.

What did Lockeyer do to retain his captaincy - when both BuderAs and Johns available....? Zip.

thuganomics

Coach
I see where Misty is comming from, but the fact is he wont get a look in unless injuries.

Either Johns or Lockyer will get and I hope Johns gets it cause he is the incubmant

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
If Freddy fittler had played like Lockeyer did last night, Queenslanders would be calling for his head. Fact is that Lockeyer had a poor series. BuderOs didn't.

What did Lockeyer do to retain his captaincy - when both BuderAs and Johns available....? Zip.

so you lose the captaincy for losing 2 series in a row?
hmmmm
Mal Meninga lost 1992-3-4 for QLD...but he kept his captaincy for all of those yrs.
Laurie Daley was the captain those yrs for NSW, but didnt take over Mal as fulltime captain of Australia. Mal had a poor game in his last origin game and lost 27-12.
Wally Lewis lost 1985/6 series, but he didnt lose Oz captaincy to Mortimer or Pearce.

Misty...stop letting your hatred of Lockyer and QLD and Brisbane affect your brain cells...oh thats right, you dont have any.
Your argument is as flawed as what you are.

knights97

Juniors
It's not going to make much differance who they give it to. Locky and Johns will be the 6 & 7 and they will steer the team around the park no matter who the captain is. In games like that, the captain has the same job as the captain in a soccer game - he gets to be at the toss and speak to the ref (as well as the honor of being named Australian captain).

BTW, for the record I think Lockyer will get it.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I don't hate Lockeyer/Brisbane/Queensland. Love you to prove that wrong.

Mal was gifted the 4th Roo tour. On form, in 1994, he wasn't quite up to it. But he got it for being an outstanding player for so long - a model on and off the field up to that point.

And I don't remember him going missing in big games. Nor Wally for that matter. Last night, Lockeyer did, and I can't recall the last test skipper that did so. Fittler maybe in Langer's return match - but back then there was no replacement. This time there are options.

JJ

Immortal
If bennett's fair dinkum, it's Johns - no question. On the origin series, you could make a good case that there should be NO Queenslanders in the side...

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
I don't hate Lockeyer/Brisbane/Queensland. Love you to prove that wrong.

you cant, and never will. Everything i have read on here that you have posted has been anti qld/broncos.
Your reasoning to replace Lockyer as captain of australia is seriously flawed.

RABK

Referee
Captain should be Johns, time for Lockyer to step aside for the true Aus captain.

Jono078

Referee
If there is a massive debate on who should get it between 2 halves, I would probably think the same as Misty and just give it to Buderus.

But on the Johns DVD, Gus says while Johns is around he deserves everything as he is the greatest. So that should be shown next to his name when he retires. So Johns for captain.

cainen

Juniors
I'm biased but did anyone else think Gower looked better at hooker while on the field than Buderus?