What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt is switching to play AFL

big pat

Coach
not sure what to make of this one, i suppose if the swans can make an american play the game, then why not hunt, did he play any at school .

Gaba

First Grade
i remember when the knights trial an american football player to play for them on the wing.

The knights were leading something like 24-0 at halftime they put the american on and LOL they lost by 20

the opposition kept scoring on the american players win and he never played a game of rugby league again

gregstar

Referee
what a complete & utter androtop.

he should be cremated on the spot & his parents beaten with a tyre iron.

huge pr move by the afl.

its pretty much "were invading your heartland and taking your best. what have you got?"

he'll earn a bit in the initial years. he'd be asking for 500k plus a season just to switch id say. its a huge gamble.

gregstar

Referee
he went to churchie. enough said.

in the early 80's the headmaster's dog got absolutely rogered.

no doubt it was simply a crawling cutie wearing a fur coat.

murraymob

Coach
how much must they be paying considering rugby offered 1 million a season league was offering 400k a year.He will flop hard and fast.You can not go to AFL at the top level and expect to compete in a completly new game.But good news for us league lovers its another money hole to drain the AFL .The Titans must be laughing

big pat

Coach
i remember when the knights trial an american football player to play for them on the wing.

The knights were leading something like 24-0 at halftime they put the american on and LOL they lost by 20

the opposition kept scoring on the american players win and he never played a game of rugby league again

your not thinking of newtown are you,vaguely remember a yank in the 70s, came here sure it was the bluebags, anyway godz or willow will know.

Godz Illa

Coach
Greg Smith. Told the Knights he'd played NFL for Philadelphia, but it was a lie. He actually started the match on the wing, not the bench. But yeah, they gave up a 20-ish point lead, he dropped six balls and he was never heard of again. Was 99 or 2000

AFL is the worst most unorganised sh*t game in the world why would anyone want to play it... i get into most sports but i've got more time for GOLF than AFL....

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I hadn't heard of Hunt making a switch until about 5 minutes ago. I was at Uni today and my lecturer mentioned that Hunt had switched codes to AFL and i just thought my lecturer was a tool and meant to say Rugby Union. Geez this is something i would of NEVER have seen happening in a million years. There is too much of a difference between the Rugby codes and AFL for a player to make a successful switch. Hell, even Rugby League players talk of the difficulty of changing to Union because of the massive difference in codes. This is a stupid move on his part and he will fail miserably. Just goes to show what a player is willing to do for money these days.

big_dell

Juniors
not sure what to make of this one, i suppose if the swans can make an american play the game, then why not hunt, did he play any at school .

he did but no brisbane schools play AFL until grade 10 until that changed this year

Southernsaint

Staff member
your not thinking of newtown are you,vaguely remember a yank in the 70s, came here sure it was the bluebags, anyway godz or willow will know.

The Newtown player was Manfred Moore - he could throw a footy over the main stand at Henson!!

Reminds me of that episode of The Office: "He's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you ever done??"

Latest posts