What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Pietersen labels his omission as 'ridiculous'

Blade23

Juniors
Last I checked it's 1-1... they will lose, but they'll lose with that wanker in the side too - time to flush the dunny - as AM said above, he was strangely silent in the NZ series, and after the first test :sarcasm:

:clap: thank you.
He is past it now and did nothing in the last 2 ashes series. 20 innings 1 century for a average of 34.1.
If he played on the weekend he would have surrendered meekly like the rest of them.
Lets not even go near his trust issues. Any game plan would be texted to Warnie.

An article a few months ago illustrates KP's lack of first class action.
Its worth a re visit

The no-dickheads rule was in fact relaxed for KP from 2005 until 2014 on that very 'extravagant talent' exception. He had a good run, scoring thousands of runs until December 2012, when his 186 against India in Mumbai was truly one of the great innings of his era. From there, Pietersen averaged 28 in a series against New Zealand, 39 in the 2013 Ashes series and 29 as England dropped the urn in Australia. He made one century in 12 Test matches over that two-year grind, against Australia on a road at Old Trafford, an entertaining innings for the bizarre number of ways in which he nearly got out. He laboured for runs throughout that series and in Australia he progressively shrank in stature until he became a small furry pet for Peter Siddle to carry home in a cage.
In 17 months since then, KP has found better things to do with his time than play first-class cricket. Repeat: he played no first-class cricket in that time. He returned on a strictly conditional my-way-or-the-highway basis for Surrey last month in the second division of English county cricket. Against Glamorgan he made 19 and 53 not out, against Essex he made 32 (lbw to New Zealand's demonic Jesse Ryder) and 8 not out, before his unbeaten 355 against Leicestershire.
An innings KP bruited​ as one of the best of his career was made against the bowling of superannuated Victorian seamer Clint McKay, 37-year-old Charlie Shreck, 21-year-old Ben Raine (career bowling average 36.27), former Harrow School left-armer Robert Taylor (average 41.19), off-spinner Jigar Naik (average 39.04), and ? please don't laugh ? Mark Cosgrove. 'Having played one of the best innings of my career earlier in the day,' Kevin said, 'I must admit I was riding the crest of a wave.' Yes, England cricket must indeed be in a dark place if a player of Pietersen's accomplishments figures this to be a career highlight.

Possibly the lampooned 'Strauss logic' is to select England's best five batsmen. The exclusion of Pietersen will remain a talking point for the entertainment industry, but as a cricket controversy it rates zero stars.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/s...15-gh21i0.html

African Monkey

First Grade
He is past it now and did nothing in the last 2 ashes series. 20 innings 1 century for a average of 34.1.
If he played on the weekend he would have surrendered meekly like the rest of them.
Lets not even go near his trust issues. Any game plan would be texted to Warnie.

Its worth a re visit

The no-dickheads rule was in fact relaxed for KP from 2005 until 2014 on that very 'extravagant talent' exception. He had a good run, scoring thousands of runs until December 2012, when his 186 against India in Mumbai was truly one of the great innings of his era. From there, Pietersen averaged 28 in a series against New Zealand, 39 in the 2013 Ashes series and 29 as England dropped the urn in Australia. He made one century in 12 Test matches over that two-year grind, against Australia on a road at Old Trafford, an entertaining innings for the bizarre number of ways in which he nearly got out. He laboured for runs throughout that series and in Australia he progressively shrank in stature until he became a small furry pet for Peter Siddle to carry home in a cage.
In 17 months since then, KP has found better things to do with his time than play first-class cricket. Repeat: he played no first-class cricket in that time. He returned on a strictly conditional my-way-or-the-highway basis for Surrey last month in the second division of English county cricket. Against Glamorgan he made 19 and 53 not out, against Essex he made 32 (lbw to New Zealand's demonic Jesse Ryder) and 8 not out, before his unbeaten 355 against Leicestershire.
An innings KP bruited​ as one of the best of his career was made against the bowling of superannuated Victorian seamer Clint McKay, 37-year-old Charlie Shreck, 21-year-old Ben Raine (career bowling average 36.27), former Harrow School left-armer Robert Taylor (average 41.19), off-spinner Jigar Naik (average 39.04), and ? please don't laugh ? Mark Cosgrove. 'Having played one of the best innings of my career earlier in the day,' Kevin said, 'I must admit I was riding the crest of a wave.' Yes, England cricket must indeed be in a dark place if a player of Pietersen's accomplishments figures this to be a career highlight.

Possibly the lampooned 'Strauss logic' is to select England's best five batsmen. The exclusion of Pietersen will remain a talking point for the entertainment industry, but as a cricket controversy it rates zero stars.

:lol: great read.

Still can't believe people sweep aside what he did to Andrew Strauss against SA in 2012. I could only imagine all the other sh*t he caused in that time.

vvvrulz

Coach

Its worth a re visit

:lol: This was awesome.

Latest posts