What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Players for 2004

izzo

Juniors
Im just trying to get this forum moving somewere.

So who do you think are the Key players for next Season?

brook

First Grade
Danny Brown for the Hawkes - they started strong last year but fell apart as soon as they lost him (although admittedly they did have an atrocious injury run losing a lot of key players)

This year will be more interesting though because for the first time they are doing a fully combined squad with Balmain (first 17 to the tigers next 17 to the hawkes) which could give them a lot of quality players (specially some very talented flegg kids) but could also mean that if Balmain suffer with injuries they could lose a lot to the Premier League

mono_mal

Juniors
Woy Woy will improve dramatically and have gone on a buying spree signing key Guildford players Yates, Carr and possibly Aaron Milan. They have also acquired Shane Wilson as a coach and signed some coastal players.
I'll do my best to write on each team in the coming days.

BlueandGoldDust

Juniors
I think it is going to have to have teams from outside the Sydney/Central Coast area before it gets big. If one or two of the Major Newcastle teams and some of the BIG country teams entered the comp it would give it a lot more recognition.
Teams will fold like guildford if it isnt improved. Its a great concept as long as it includes a range of teams.

Jeffles

Bench
Bush teams aren't made of money. It costs heaps to field a JBC team by CRL budget standards. The competition is a great one. Far from the bad days of Metro Cup which was Great Western Highway plus Newtown.

I think the make up of teams is just about there. Though ideally I'd like it to have no NRL aligned sides (eg Souths Juniors) and just the best non NRL sides in N-S-W, ie. Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and in between (the Central Coast). No disrespect to the bush clubs. But I think the JBC is out of their league in terms of costs.

Bluebag

Juniors
Brook,

You are spot on about Danny Brown, he was a key player for Ryde and his efforts turned games for them.