What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidderminster Harriers supporters!

bucko

Juniors
gday everyone just discovered this thread, its awesome!! I'm a pretty huge Halifax Town fan, and I just love following the conference. I'm not too sure why this is as I live in Australia just five minutes outta Canberra. I think it may be from my love of playing football manager games, and taking lower league sides to glory (well doing my best)

I have a radio show at uni also, with a couple of mates (I'm studying sports journalism), and for a bit of a laugh i have this five minute segment called the conference wrap where I cover everything thats happenin each week in the conference.

Anyway, Forest Green scored a late equaliser I think about 8 minutes from time to deny us taking all three points at the lawn. Not too bad a result however, I think it's starting to come together for the shaymen this year. Good to see Chris Senior making an impact early too, I like this signing. When we get Bushell back I think we will really push for the playoffs.

nostalgia

Juniors
Bucko, good to have you on this thread. Your radio spot on the Conference sounds like a good bit of fun :D . I do, of course, think you are totally bonkers following the Conference as a Canberra student but CONGRATULATIONS (it would be far too easy/boring for someone in your position to be an Arsenal/Chelsea/ManU fan :roll: ).

Its good to have a Shayman aboard. I suspect that Kiddy will find it just as hard as Halifax to get back in to the Football League :cry: .

I'll be at the Cambridge Utd v Kiddy game tomorrow (Monday) and will give an update.

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
A 1-1 draw for Harriers today (Saturday) against Southport :? . The games are now coming thick and fast, with a trip to Cambridge Utd (on Monday) and a home game against Canvey Island (on Friday).

By the way, I see that the English women have won the Ashes series :D .
:( Looks like the English men are going to follow suit!
Great to have you in here posting bucko, need to get Retread in here and we'll have two Halifax supporters keeping us up to date on how they are travelling! By the way nostalgia, Parklands had a hard fought 2-1 victory in the quarter finals....off to the semis this weekend!:)

nostalgia

Juniors
A good day for the Harriers with a cracking 2-0 win in the sunshine at Cambridge :clap: . We actually looked pretty good at the back and in midfield : better than last year. We also showed a lot more commitment, a welcome relief after some of the lily-livered displays from last season. 2 excellent goals today, but I fear that this will be a problem during the course of the season as we still seem reluctant sometimes to just give it a go :hitit: .

A good win for Bucko's Shaymen against York. By the way, Chileman, do you still keep in touch with Retread?

As for Parkland Eagles, I've got a tenner that says they'll go all the way and collect a nice big trophy :C: .

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
A good day for the Harriers with a cracking 2-0 win in the sunshine at Cambridge :clap: . We actually looked pretty good at the back and in midfield : better than last year. We also showed a lot more commitment, a welcome relief after some of the lily-livered displays from last season. 2 excellent goals today, but I fear that this will be a problem during the course of the season as we still seem reluctant sometimes to just give it a go :hitit: .

A good win for Bucko's Shaymen against York. By the way, Chileman, do you still keep in touch with Retread?

As for Parkland Eagles, I've got a tenner that says they'll go all the way and collect a nice big trophy :C: .
Great win for the Harriers, lets hope that gets the ball rolling towards promotion! Not sure what happened with Tready nostalgia, seems to have taken a disliking to me for some reason....not sure why but I still consider him a good bloke and he does great things for Rugby League up north!

nostalgia

Juniors
It certainly beats last season, when we were getting smashed by the opposition on a regular basis. Its not a lot of fun following a side that gets relegated!

Don't know what kicked off with Retread, but good on you for your comments, Chileman.

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
It certainly beats last season, when we were getting smashed by the opposition on a regular basis. Its not a lot of fun following a side that gets relegated!

Don't know what kicked off with Retread, but good on you for your comments, Chileman.

:( Try 2 sides (Palace as well) but the glory days of the Harriers can't be to far off, I'm hoping 15 years down the track I'll be sitting in my rocking chair at 11pm Saturday night watching Kidderminster mixing it with the Premier sides......we can dream can't we :alcho:

nostalgia

Juniors
And we'll be making condescending remarks as we watch Chelsea and Man U scrap for survival in the Conference !

chileman

Coach
I see Watkiss is praising our players for doing the ugly things well to get us a win......I don't mind if we have a team of ogres as long as we win the conference! "Ogres are big, ugly, greedy Irtal-like creatures that live by ambushes, raids, and theft. Ogres consistently plague the Upperraces, lusting for gold, gems, and jewelry as well as Irtal, Pohesian and Mongrolite flesh (and of course Cambridge, Exeter and Morecambe flesh) . They are evil-natured creatures that join with other monsters (like the Orcus or the Hyena-men) to prey on the weak and favor overwhelming odds to a fair fight. Ogres make no crafts nor labor, these are just plain raiders." :sch:

nostalgia

Juniors
Well, our back-line certainly isn't pretty but I think that may be a trifle harsh!

I agree with Watkiss's remarks, but the truth is that today we did try to play decent football. Let's say that its sufficiently entertaining for me to be tempted to watch Harriers for just another season. However, this is, of course, something I've been saying for each of the last 37 years ....

chileman

Coach
Do you think it's something new they have put in the Aggborough soup that has given them a bit of mongrel and purpose this season ;-)

nostalgia

Juniors
You have to be VERY careful with the libel laws, Chileman :shock: . Perhaps we should make it abundantly clear that there is definitely NO mongrel (or , for that matter, any other sort of dog or domestic pet) in the Aggborough Soup. At least, not in this year's recipe.

Phew, think we managed to get out of that one :cool: .

nostalgia

Juniors
:lol: The funny thing is that over here the Ashes were an irrelevance for almost 20 years up until about 3 weeks ago ... :oops: . That said, can you imagine what Shane Warne would be like after a shot of Aggborough Soup?

chileman

Coach
nostalgia said:
:lol: The funny thing is that over here the Ashes were an irrelevance for almost 20 years up until about 3 weeks ago ... :oops: . That said, can you imagine what Shane Warne would be like after a shot of Aggborough Soup?
You'd have to keep him away from all mobile phones and any night clubs :oops: ....are you sure he wasn't in Kidderminster last week watching the women play ;-) (women cricketers that is)

nostalgia

Juniors
Now this is spooky, but I bet that nobody has ever seen Shane Warne and Stuart Watkiss in the same room and at the same time. In fact, do you think that the two SW's could, in fact, be the same person :eek: .

Now that would be some sporting achievement: coming bck from 2-1 down to retain the Ashes while AT THE SAME TIME getting Kiddy back in to the Football League :BDH: .

bucko

Juniors
Come on the Shaymen, sounds like we were pretty lucky today but I'll take all three points any day, especially when we're ending York's unbeaten run. At Broadhall way on the weekend should be a real tester against an attack whose starting to find the back of the net. I wanna give Grays a mention for showing how good a side they actually are (I confess I doubted they would succeed at this level), and I also wanna plug Altrincham, 3 wins in 5 games, what an effort!

nostalgia

Juniors
I'd be surprised if Grays get anything at Forest Green on Friday or if Altricham get a point at Edgar Street on Saturday: I'll sit up and pay attention if either of them gets a win ;-) .

The Stevenage/Halifax game should be interesting, while I feel absolutely confident that Kiddy will give Canvey a damned good thrashing on Friday night. You see, I can't remember that Canvey have ever played at Aggborough before : the Soup will be their downfall :lol:

nostalgia

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Is Julian Dicks still playing for them?

Hi Raiders Ultra. I thought Julian Dicks retired years ago, but then again, some of these older players never seem to finally jack it in.

I think JD will be best remembered for that commentary: "Julian Dicks is eveywhere. Its like theyv'e got 11 dicks on the pitch" :lol:

Latest posts