What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley and Origin

Is Kimmorley NSW's best halfback option?

• Total voters

ghoti

Bench
It's a huge issue that needs discussion. Kimmorley's been given a lot of rubbish about Game One last year...but was he really that bad? From what I remember seeing of the game he had a pretty solid game up to that final pass...now, let's just say Bowen didn't think of going for the intercept and covered his man...then the Blues winger (whoever it was) most probably would have rampaged past Bowen and possibly scored or at least got up the other end of the field. If this happened, Kimmorley would be lauded a hero...in the very same way Finch was for 3 plays in his 80 minutes, Kimmorley was rubbished for one play.

Kimmorley is the same guy that a few years ago had the best player in the world playing at hooker for NSW. I agree that his last couple of seasons have been poor and shown him up as stubborn and behind the times...but he's been making the right changes to his game and I think he's NSW's best option at this stage in time. Gower had too many lapses in concentration and Johns was average and carrying a plethora of injuries. Orford has been awful and Finch is best not talked about.

The questions here are...is Noddy up to Origin, did he play at an Origin level the last few years of his Origin career and will he perform if selected?

Sharkie73

Bench
Like Finch the forwards let Noddy down last year as well but that wasn't mentioned anywhere.

If the forwards do there job he will play well.

Macca

Coach
I voted Yes. Johns is the best option if he declares himself available. He hasn't done that yet and I think Noddy is next in line.

gregstar

Referee
he's never performed at origin level. it killed his confidence last year & subsequently the sharks were unable to maintain any sustained form when relying on him.

he's only just playing solidly for your mob now - why risk it?

Generalzod

Immortal
gregstar said:
he's never performed at origin level. it killed his confidence last year & subsequently the sharks were unable to maintain any sustained form when relying on him.

he's only just playing solidly for your mob now - why risk it?

I agree with you gregstar, Even if Kimmorley was playing well I would rather have him lift the premiership trophy......

Mr Saab

Referee
ghoti said:
It's a huge issue that needs discussion. Kimmorley's been given a lot of rubbish about Game One last year...but was he really that bad? From what I remember seeing of the game he had a pretty solid game up to that final pass..

watch the game again. His kicking game was poor.
Yes the forwards were not that great, but neither was his kicking game.
His final pass is what the general public remember him for, but the rest remember his kicking game.

millersnose

Post Whore
yeah he had a bad game by his standards

but nowhere near as bad as finch or anasta in the last game

Macca

Coach
In a side where his forwards were bashed. Just like Origin 2 this year. No half would have appeared impressive.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I voted yes to "is he best option" but I agree with Gregstar. I would rather not risk his form and our team chances on it.

Foz

Bench
I'd pick Matthew Head.
The more games he plays the more chance he has of getting injured and there's no way Illawarra can win the comp without him.

gregstar

Referee
Foz said:
I'd pick Matthew Head.
The more games he plays the more chance he has of getting injured and there's no way Illawarra can win the comp without him.
f*ck off you prick!

LOL!

(if he remains injury-free over the next year or so, i'd expect to see him there however)

Latest posts