What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley

We Need a decent half, we should chase him, since we dont have any major signings lined-up for 2008 yet.

I believe we should play Kimmorley as First Receiver and Jeremy Smith at Second. 6 and 7 respectively.

however Kimmorley at 6, has been experimented yet as far as im aware, but in most cases first receiver plays the more domineering role in a halves combination, we need someone with plenty of experience, leadership and plenty of attacking flair.

Thoughts ?

Sugar

Bench
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NO

Spiltmilk said:
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NO

he is better than any other half we have.

Sugar

Bench
Rabbitohs2005 said:
he is better than any other half we have.
He wants a 3yr deal.
Do you think Paea and Luke will hang around in PL for another 3 yrs?
If we sign Noddy there is a good chance we lose a future half back.

Spiltmilk said:
He wants a 3yr deal.
Do you think Paea and Luke will hang around in PL for another 3 yrs?
If we sign Noddy there is a good chance we lose a future half back.

Jeremy Smith will be the unlucky one, not our future stars. we need to play smith at second receiver for the time being, he is a rubbish Five Eighth, if he doesnt improve, then drop him.

Luke's preffered position is hooker btw

Dave Q

Coach
Yeah, Eddie's being carefully guided through the ranks, but of all available halves, I rate Noddy.

People have seemed to have forgotten that we destroyed the high flying sharks this year.

Our first half against them was text-book stuff, perhaps the best football I have seen us play since I can otherwise remember.

JT's analysis has stretched out for another week.

Weve all had the opportunity to take stock, reflect and revise.

The signals are quite good for the Titans game.

We travel reasonably well and dont mind the heat where a lot of our success has come.

The Titans have done extremely well this year, I duff my hat to them.

But they will be shocked and awed by our fury, skill and desire.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Peachey, Merritt and Vagana would not like this idea at all.

I mean I do, you want Simmons as well, that would really piss Merritt off.

Dave Q

Coach
To give the thread-starters comments a boost, there is a school of thought that believes all our troubles would be over with an experienced elite half.

Thus Smith and Sherwin were supposedly sounded out last year.

According to our schedule, after this year, we only have two years to win the comp.

Do we have time for Eddie to be shown the magical ways of first grade?

Dave Q said:
To give the thread-starters comments a boost, there is a school of thought that believes all our troubles would be over with an experienced elite half.

Thus Smith and Sherwin were supposedly sounded out last year.

According to our schedule, after this year, we only have two years to win the comp.

Do we have time for Eddie to be shown the magical ways of first grade?

Eddie is on the verge of being called up, theres only so much a coach can put up with, imo thats three games we have shown f all in attack, and that was the difference in all three games, we would of won all 3, if we put on some sort of attack.

Williams to go within the next 2 matches, if he doesnt pull his finger out.

i just dont believe so much sh*t bk is copping, imo dykes is in first receiver, he should be guiding kimmorley around, dykes last year was terrible, which meant the sharks were terrible, the game of a team, most of the time relies on the first receiver to carry the halfback, and the whole team.

but dykes has pulled the finger out, and the sharks are playing well. imo kimmorley last year wasnt that bad, he had some great games.

imo only a master class halfback can guide his team around the park, eg Cronk, Thurston, Orford.

Gower and Kimmorley are not atm, they are both sliding, but i believe kimmorley has plenty of good footy left in him. gower needs to play first receiver imo for the panthers.

we need a domineering player at five eighth, and Kimmorley probably wont be that much out of our cap, he then next year will guide paea around like an master v apprentice combination, and i believe we will have a very solid season.

Jeremy Smith is no master, he is still an apprentice, hence he should be 2nd receiver.

notice the teams that have the experienced/unexperienced half is relying on their pivot to perform

Penrith
: Wallace GOWER (Campbell was a huge loss)
Sharks: Dykes KIMMORLEY (Dykes is starting to play good, which equals winning games)
its also a positive, that dykes is fairly experienced too.
Cowboys: Smith SMITH (against the eels, they was playing a lock forward at five eighth, who doesnt show any form of playmaking, and an experienced player was playing outside him, against Justin Smith didnt play, so that limited to what Jason could do. now thurston being inside smith would work, because thurston is a master class player, but imo they do not need to explore that option yet, but they are sliding.
Parramatta: Finch SMITH, again finch is starting to play some entertaining footy, with the help of luke burt who has been in wonderful form, which is seen the eels revive its season.

Bulldogs: Holdworth SHERWIN, holdsworth was showing no signs of improvement, so he was dropped, as soon as ben roberts plays, Shifty has a blinder.

there are only five teams in the comp, that the halfback is overshadowing their five eighth, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Cowboys,Manly & Dragons (Matt head played well last game).

to be a good footy team, you need to have a masterclass halfback, or you need a reliable five eighth to guide the team around the park, who has some attacking flair,experience, and someone who can mentor the halfback, being a fellow halfback, i believe kimmorley would be a good thing for Paea.

Latest posts