What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KITE,HORNBY NSW REPS???-WHAT A JOKE

tiger_nick

Bench
RedDragon said:
Build a bridge and get over it, rep are a waste of money for clubs and time for injured players as a result of reps.

Skandalis is going to be a lot more dominant than Clinton because he doesnt have the players around him to share the workload.

Watch Kite play and you will see how much he does in a team built on good fowards.

Idiot

It is a hell of a lot easier to shine in a pack that is dominating the opposition than one that gets smashed every week. If Kite played for the TIgers he wouldnt make half the meters he does for the Dragons. Likewise if Skando had the red and white on he would make double the meters Kite does.

Anonymous

Juniors
tiger nick. Settle down son, its all opinion.

Kite has steadily improved over the last year and and his handling, defence, and the way he hits the line has been part of that improvement.

I'm admiring his efforts, especially considering that he was written off by most people before last season. Moving him to the front row has done wonders.

_Johnsy

Referee
I remember more than 2 years ago I was with a few forumers at the saints trial against Valleys at Perry Park. A young new signing was having a run. After the game I said to Willow "That Kite reminds me of a young Clyde" It was they way he ran tackled and held the ball, its good to see that he is one the way up. Great potential in that one.

Southernsaint

Staff member
For the last few years I've been one of the people stood on The Hill at Jubilee with their heart in their mouth every time Kite was running on to the ball. He's really improved this year & I'm beginning to think that some of the raps that he'd been given while I didn't see anythnig in him are justified. I guess the raw talent was always there & it's only now that it's starting to be refined...

On a personal level for him, I'm happy he's been given Rep recognition - it might give him more confidence at club level. But on a club level I hope that any selection doesn't result in injury or an outlandish mark-up in his asking price...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Ribs

Bench
Im enjoying watching Kite improve immensely and not only because of the obvious benefits to the team but because of the indication that Brown's coaching ability is coming through too. The ability to work a player with potential into a potential rep player speaks volumes.

When you consider the Kite of two years ago and the Kite of this year, Brown and the coaching staff have done a fantastic job.

Collateral

Coach
tiger_nick said:
Idiot

It is a hell of a lot easier to shine in a pack that is dominating

That phrase alone shows how ignorant people can be. That call would ALMOST be as stupid as half of the Sharks fans.

Anonymous

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
I remember more than 2 years ago I was with a few forumers at the saints trial against Valleys at Perry Park. A young new signing was having a run. After the game I said to Willow "That Kite reminds me of a young Clyde" It was they way he ran tackled and held the ball, its good to see that he is one the way up. Great potential in that one.
lol. do you remember Feral Dragon saying that Kite should play prop? It only took a couple of years, but he was right. I think we were all impressed with him that night... and the club stuck by him.