What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis 2007 Tri-Nations Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesbass

First Grade
madunit said:
irrespective, the fact he couldn't be bothered when it mattered is the real issue.

anyways, the 6 of us who gave it a go can hold our heads up high, we were keen and put in a top notch performance, Robsters effort was very poor and disappointing.

I take it you don't like forum 7's anymore Rob? that's fair enough.

That's my main gripe. He said last night he could do an article, but never showed. Circumstances happen, but saying you weren't excited to do it just boggles my mind. I was of the opinion that subs are writing articles, regardless, just in case.

Whether we would have won is a moot point. I'm just so gutted that I can work my butt off to get my article in, along with five others, only to have it all worth nothing for the worst of reasons.

I'm going to leave this thread again for a while. I can't trust myself to remain diplomatic. I very rarely get angry on forums, but this really gets me worked up.

Robster

Bench
I am honest. I dropped everything, my friend doesn't have a computer or anything like that. Do I have to explain my personal reasons with you? I have told the team that I am sorry.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robster said:
Skinner? are you part of this team? NO!! So I don't want your input. The other players which couldn't post let the team down. Lets be fair I was given very late notice to post a article.
they at least let us know that they could get their post in. DOn't go passing the buck, You didn't show up until the game was well and truly over and then gave us your blase "I wasn't interested" excuse.

poor form

Jesbass

First Grade
Robster said:
I am honest. I dropped everything, my friend doesn't have a computer or anything like that. Do I have to explain my personal reasons with you? I have told the team that I am sorry.

Robster said:
LU i can post if needed, though it wil be have to be a 2 hour effort.

:?

Robster this is a new low - take skinners advice and quit this thread while your behind - and getting stuck into people like JB won't win you any fans my friend.

I swung by this thread, posted that i couldnt get my article in on time and saw you stating that you could put in a '2 hour effort'. So I left safe in the knowledge that you could at least get something in. Obviously I was wrong.

Now I understand there may have been mitigating circumstances, but it would have take you 2 seconds to tell us you could post before you had to 'comfort your friend'.

sh*t effort mate

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robster said:
No you don't, and as I said before, we don't want an excuse, just a simple apology stating you aren't able to post an article. AT least we have the opportunity to try and get an article from someone else.

It's called teamwork. You've played this game long enough to understand all this Rob.

Robster

Bench
After i posted this message, my friend had called. If I told you my circumstances you would understand but all I can say is that I will make it up to you guys any way I can.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well thats all well and nice, but how can we trust that you won't pull a stunt like this again purely because your ego has been hurt?

I'm ashamed to have had a hand in this abortion of an effort. If I had known you were OUT I would have HAD to have completed my article - which would of been better than none. But thinking we were a professional outfit I was under the impression that our bench players would prepare an article just in case (like LN).

But to be honest Rob, this isn't the first time you've made a team ive been involved with seem 'mickey mouse'.

Its not about letting yourself down rob, its about letting down those 4 guys who to the time out to put in an effort and get an article all - which was all FOR NOTHING!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robster said:
After i posted this message, my friend had called. If I told you my circumstances you would understand but all I can say is that I will make it up to you guys any way I can.
you made another post 5 minutes after this one though.

Rob, I understand you may feel sorry for what you've done, but lying isn't going to help anyone.

Skinner

Coach
Robster said:
Skinner? are you part of this team? NO!! So I don't want your input.

No Robster, I am not part of this team....I am the Match Umpire. A major part of
the responsibilities of the Match Umpire is "sportsmanship".

Do you understand ???

Swearing at anyone, team mate, or not, in a match thread, completed match or not,
does not sit well with me.

Do you understand ???

Jesbass

First Grade
I feel sorry for LN the most. The amount of effort he goes to to get a squad together, give us all banners, and manage the team, is simply spectacular. As much as I'm hurting, I'm sure he must be hurting more.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Being a captain for the first time, i have to admit its a tough, and at times frustrating job. When the team pulls through in the case of GB & I with myself and Bumble getting literally last minute articles in, its somewhat satisfying.

I have been involved in previous efforts where the team was one poster short, however the poster may have forgotten or was unavailable for some reason, and is genuinely sorry. Even then it is gut-wrenching, but i can't imagine the feeling of the Kiwis after hearing of Robster 'not being enthused at being on the bench.' Like Skinner stated it is against the spirit of F7s, and we would have preferred to face a full outfit, as this default victory seems somewhat hollow.

I would like to thank most of the Kiwis for approaching this tournament with the right attitude, good luck for next season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Robster said:
I'm sorry guys.
With respect to all concerned, the acceptance of such an apology is at the discretion of your team mates.

Robster said:
A bench player letting the team down? If i was in the starting side I would of written a artilce up a week ago.
My view is that a reserve player is part of the team. Excuse me for thinking that you fell short of understanding this.

Robster said:
Skinner? are you part of this team? NO!!
Skinner is the rules manager and match umpire of the F7s, and he has been endorsed to act in that capacity by Committee.

Basically, he speaks for the F7s when he tells you when you are not playing, or not being part of, the game in the right spirit.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Robster said:
considering I put my name down to represent the kiwis, being put on the bench for the 2nd match didn't really excite me.
Don't worry Robster, you have my personal guarantee that while I'm involved you'll never be picked on the bench again.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Rob, I advise you to carefully read the above posts directed at you. Although we're "just playing a game" here, your actions and subsequent explanations have left a lot of people pretty brassed off.

Sure, things happen sometimes that stop people from posting, and I've got no drama with that. In a sick kind of way, it sort of adds to the excitement. But actions like yours just leave us all feeling completely let down.

I suggest you quietly slink away for a while and let everyone cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts