What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knight Of The Year 2012

Jono078

Referee
Ok so I thought Id get this in with the Dally M on tonight and it seems like no one else cares to vote for our last round, so let's wrap it up!

First with some numbers, we all like numbers!

Total number of votes: 483
Total number of points given out: 2875

Most points in a single game
James McManus, Round 1 - 68 points
Darius Boyd, Round 16 - 68 points

Runner Ups;
Danny Buderus, Round 4 - 66 points
Kade Snowden, Round 2 - 65 points
Jarrod Mullen, Round 23 - 63 points

Real team effort
Round 7 & 20 - 12 different players polled votes.

That was a stinker
In round 25 there was only 48 points handed out to the team, the lowest total amount this season.

Well done to everyone involved, on average we had about 20 voters each week, I think that's a pretty good effort.

Without further ado, here we go!

KNIGHT OF THE YEAR 2012

Player Overall
27 Zane Tetevano 2
26 Chris Adams 5
25 Kurt Gidley 7
24 Kyle O'Donnell 7
23 Evarn Tuimavave 10
22 Matt Hilder 10
21 Robbie Rochow 12
20 Wes Naiqama 13
19 Joel Edwards 16
18 Neville Costigan 19
17 Junior Sau 25
16 Richie Fa'aoso 26
15 Kevin Naiqama 32
14 Alex McKinnon 51
13 Adam Cuthbertson 63
12 Tyrone Roberts 83
11 Zeb Taia 92
10 Dane Gagai 119
9 Timana Tahu 119
8 Chris Houston 167
7 James McManus 197
6 Akuila Uate 209

5 Kade Snowden 245

4 Willie Mason 262

3 Darius Boyd 269

2 Danny Buderus 401

1 Jarrod Mullen 414

00019324-image.jpg

Also as a side note, not to run on Mullen's parade, but Willie Mason deserves some credit, since he arrived he actually ended up being the top of the votes

4 Willie Mason 262
3 Darius Boyd 256
2 Danny Buderus 213
6 Akuila Uate 179
1 Jarrod Mullen 175

Anyway, well done to all involved, see you next year! Hope you enjoyed it and leave your thoughts behind and suggestions for next year if you like.

I've uploaded the final standings too.

Attachments

• final standings.jpg
    final standings.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well I hope this shuts up some of the Mullo bashers who have been out in force around here this season. Say what you want about the blokes performances in years past but in 2012 he has been excellent and consistently so. He may not be the SOO half that we all expected him to be by now but Waynes influence has definitely brought out his confidence.

Big thanks to Jonno for running the points too. Well done mate

RABK

Referee
Nothing to shut up about, most the forum are sane about Mullen.

The odd ones are those who bag him too much eg rusty and there a couple who blow him off too much.

Anyone sitting on the non agenda fence about Mullen are the smart ones. With Mullen there are some most definite shortcomings to criticize and some undeniable talents to applaud.

This season Mullen took a big step to ensuring his talents overcome his shortcomings by stepping up his consistency and i think most the forum adknowledged that throughout the year. That's on a personal level. But as for been our player of the year it's much more a case of solid consistency in a poor team rather than some headline grabbing season wide form.

The bottom line is he's never played behind a great forward pack, a luxury that every other half in the comp has had the pleasure of sometime -at least one season where his forwards rolled through the season regularly winning the yardage battle. Soward, Foran, Carney, Maloney, Wallace, Johnson, Pearce etc all have season examples of their forwards been a top 2 or 3 pack. Besides a months form here and there Mullen has played behind a often well beaten, lacklustre, pea hearted pack his entire career.

So in short it's probably safe to say that although Mullen had a season to be applauded he can achieve more if provided the platform to achieve those things on. Personally as a player he had a very good season with his short kicking game been the only facet of his game i would label as 'ordinary'. But if he's given that platform as might well be expected next year than he definitely has another level to to go to and more things to prove.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Nothing to shut up about, most the forum are sane about Mullen.

The odd ones are those who bag him too much eg rusty and there a couple who blow him off too much.

Anyone sitting on the non agenda fence about Mullen are the smart ones. With Mullen there are some most definite shortcomings to criticize and some undeniable talents to applaud.

This season Mullen took a big step to ensuring his talents overcome his shortcomings by stepping up his consistency and i think most the forum adknowledged that throughout the year. That's on a personal level. But as for been our player of the year it's much more a case of solid consistency in a poor team rather than some headline grabbing season wide form.

The bottom line is he's never played behind a great forward pack, a luxury that every other half in the comp has had the pleasure of sometime -at least one season where his forwards rolled through the season regularly winning the yardage battle. Soward, Foran, Carney, Maloney, Wallace, Johnson, Pearce etc all have season examples of their forwards been a top 2 or 3 pack. Besides a months form here and there Mullen has played behind a often well beaten, lacklustre, pea hearted pack his entire career.

So in short it's probably safe to say that although Mullen had a season to be applauded he can achieve more if provided the platform to achieve those things on. Personally as a player he had a very good season with his short kicking game been the only facet of his game i would label as 'ordinary'. But if he's given that platform as might well be expected next year than he definitely has another level to to go to and more things to prove.

Pretty much mate but my "shut up" comment was directed at those who have called for Mullo to be sacked, dropped, etc based on him not being a superstar, as opposed to actually acknowledging the good work and improvement he has shown this year.

Its a bug bear of mine is all

Jono078

Referee
Mullen had a killer first 9 weeks (as usual it seems) where he was in our top 2-3 players in each of those weeks just about.

Interesting as well, this is the second time he has won KOTY. I thought it was his first.

Latest posts