What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights team v Storm

<span>Mark Hughes
Timana Tahu
Matthew Gidley
Craig Hall
Gavin Quinn
Sean Rudder
Danny Buderus
Josh Perry
Luke Quigley
Matt Parsons ©
Matthew Jobson
Clint Newton
Daniel Abraham
Interchange:
Andrew Price
Reegan Tanner
Todd Bates
Matthew Kennedy
Blake Mueller
Hughes will do a good job at fullback, as he did in SOO a few years ago. Craig Hall has always been a centre and I am looking forward to seeing how he goes back in his regular position. Gavin Quinn (not Anthony Quinn) is making his debut on the wing. He has been in the Knights squad for years now and he has never looked firstgrade material to me. A bit like Josh Smith but slower. Woolnough is out with a neck injury which makes a place for Clint Newton to step right back into the starting lineup. He played 70 minutes in Premier League last week. He looked rusty but fit. Reegan Tanner looks to have impressed his coach last week and is listed as second reserve above Matt Kennedy and Todd Bates. Blake Mueller is on the bench in case Perry is suspended, but no one thinks he will be.
For the life of me I can't see who will do the kicks in general play. Rudder will have to i suppose, but he is not that great at it. Melbourne must start favourites now that Wooly is out, and if Perry goes we might as well not turn up.</span>
<span></span>

interesting line up.

i'm curious to see how danny buderus is going to handle playmaker role with johns.

newcastle need to find/blood a 5/8. rudder just doesnt cut in my opinion.

even if perry is gone the knights should get up over the storm.

Buderus played halfback against Parra in 2001 and had his worst game ever.
He has no kicking game to speak of and is much more at home carrying out other peoples plans than making his own.

Rudder had his best game ever last week. I heard David Fairleigh on radio say that he is going well this year because he has always been a lazy trainer but put in a big effort this off season. I think he hasn't been good in the past, but deserves a chance to show he has improved.

i take it your refering to the 40-0 game??

i have never been a fan of rudder just doesnt look like a 5/8 when he has the ball in his hands. usually gives it straight to gidley to try and make something happen or gives it back to johns hoping for the same result

P

pepe

roopy,they only need to show up for 40 mins to put us through the cleaners,the knights have far to much skill for out motly mob,i'll be happy if kearney wins the toss this week.

knights to win by 20 plus.

pepe

Zoodoo

Juniors
After watching the Storm play Cowboys last weekend, Newcastle have every chance to win this game. The Storm were...I won't even comment. Then again, Storm will most likely come into this match firing to account for the loss last week.

Bailey

Juniors
The Storm have lost Scott Hill but have got Matt Orford and Steven Bell back from injury. Also with Perry suspended for a week I assume Price will start the game and Mueller will go onto the bench. I will be extremely happy if the Knights can win by a point :(but it's going to be tough. I think I would of preferred if Hagan had brought up Tyrie so at least Buderus could play his naturalgame at hooker. I don't rate Quigley...........

Perry is out.

The findings;
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/perryjudgement.html

This means we now have 7 guys who have debuted this season in the side. In the Newcastle Herald this morning it was said these 7 guys have 20 firstgrade games between them, and the seven guys they replace have 785 firstgrade games between them.
If these young guys can pull off a win it will be amazing.
All those who think the Knights can still win - get real.

Bailey

Juniors
I'll always believe the Knightsare a chance to win no matter how slim that chance may be. :(

imported_midas

Juniors
With all their personnel problems,the Knights would be hard pressed to beat Winston Hills U/14,s.But as they are playing the Storm,I rate them a big chance.

There were a few positives to come out of the night.
I thought we had a very good chance to look at the young players without people like Johns and the A team of forwards around them to make them look good.

Craig Hall really showed he is a class player.

Luke Quigley showed he still has some learning to do.

Of the young forwards, I thought Jobson and Tanner were the best, and I thought Blake Mueller showed that his high workrate will be a real bonus for the team when he gets a bit bigger and stronger.

Hughes looked like his leg injury has taken a bit of speed away from him, but I thought he was reasonable at fullback.

As a halfback, Buderus makes a wonderful hooker.

I thought they would play a bit better, but overall, things went as you would expect.

imported_Docker

Juniors
Pepe the visionary:

roopy,they only need to show up for 40 mins to put us through the cleaners,the knights have far to much skill for out motly mob,i'll be happy if kearney wins the toss this week.

knights to win by 20 plus.

pepe

P

pepe

docker

the knights were pitiful last night,they lost joey forthis match but were still a good side on paper,it was one of the most spineless performances i've ever seen from a 1st grade side,how roopy can see any positives out of the matchbaffles me.

being a storm supporter i've seen some heartless performances the past 2 years but that knights display may have even topped our worst display.

pepe

K

Kiwi

One thing that I noticed when watching that game for the second time. It was mainly the older more experienced guys screwing up. They are the ones that didn't turn up. Sure the youngs guys made the odd mistake, but you expect that from rookies every now and a gain. The older guys choked big time. They had a chance to step up and they didn't, Parsons was ordinary and had no go forward, Buderus was a joke at halfback, and probably wouldn't have been much better out of dummy half the way he was passing, Hughes and the rest of them were made to look ordinary by the Storm. And before we hear about the 7 injuries the Knights had, bite me, no Moule, Leyshon, Hill ect. The Storm had their fair share of players out aswell and are and have been the worst hit club this year for injuries.

Parsons is wasting everyone's time by not having his back operation. The big guy wants to go out and play well, but he hasn't had one good game since he took a week off with his back.
He is probably kidding himself that he is coping with the pain and playing as hard as ever, but he isn't. The coach should tell the big guy to just go and get it over with.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I really respect and wish the best of luck to Parso... but he is in his last season. But inreality, it doesnt matter.
Regardless of any injuries, the club is in a little strife can't do without him at the moment.