What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights team vs Tigers

Jono078

Referee
Newcastle Knights

1. Wes Naiqama
2. Akuila Uate
3. Junior S'au
4. Keith Lulia
5. Cooper Vuna
6. Ben Rogers
7. Scott Dureau
8. Ben Cross
9. Matt Hilder
10. Dan Tolar
11. Steve Simpson (c)
12. Cory Paterson
13. Cameron Ciraldo

Interchange:
14. George Ndaira
15. Mark Taufua
16. Richard Fa'aoso
17. Con Mika

Knights media release

Pretty much what I expected. It's sort of a must win for us to keep up around 8th spot, but you think with the injuries and rep games that we'd give some more youngsters a go.

aqua_duck

Coach
Stone is very conservative when it comes to blooding guys, I don;t think he's blooded a single player yet in his time

Kazaf

Juniors
Would loved to had seen this:

1. Akuila Uate
2. Keith Lulia
3. Junior S'au
4. Wes Naiqama
5. Cooper Vuna

Spark Plug

Juniors
Unfortunately I had to prepare myself for this...

Just have a dig in running, passing and tackling Scotty. That's all we ask.

He does though. I dont think you can say the guy isnt committed. He can't tackle, but neither can Soward.

ashee9

Juniors
I'm probably the only one who thinks this but i think scotty will have a great game. He got a real wake-up call last week so i think he'll go alright

Rolla

Juniors
I hope you are right Ashee..... Besides a mediocre game is a great game for scotty. If he can just not suck i will be satisfied.

Serc

First Grade
Yep I think we'll find out this week how badly Scotty wants to be in the team after being dropped last week - particularly in defence.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that if he puts in a decent performance he could retain his spot in the short term, but that would depend on how much Stone wants to put Mullo at halfback when he comes back, and assuming Rogers keeps up his form. Just on Rogers, its probably been said in other threads, but if he keeps displaying the increased level of maturity he has shown in the few games he's played this year, he's going to force Stone's hand to make sure he is somewhere in the lineup!

Rolla

Juniors
I was hoping that Tuqiri would feature in the queensland side but even so their line up looks very ordinary.... These are the matches that make me most nervous as a knights fan.

We may well get to see which team has the worst halfback in the comp (depending on which poor option they take)

Alex28

Coach
He does though. I dont think you can say the guy isnt committed. He can't tackle, but neither can Soward.
If it was just tackling it wouldn't be so much of a problem and he wouldn't be in-and-out of First Grade. The guy can't pass or run either. He relies on his super boot which only works about half the time as it is. I think I can say he doesn't tackle, and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that if he puts in a decent performance he could retain his spot in the short term, but that would depend on how much Stone wants to put Mullo at halfback when he comes back, and assuming Rogers keeps up his form.
I think after last week we can safely say the preferred halves options will be Rogers/Mullen, and then Rogers/Gidley. Scotty's time around these parts will be on an absolutely-if-we-have-to basis.

Newynut

Juniors
Hey at least Scotty defends as well as Jonathon Thurston and both on the wing in defense. I get forced to watch here in Townsville.

Yosh

Coach
Would have loved to have seen this:

1. Uate
2. McManus
3. Gasnier
4. Pete
5. Vuna

6. Mullen (from next week onwards)
7. Kidley (from next week onwards)

There you have it. A premiership winning backline.

Serc

First Grade
Stone said in the round 11 team interview that Mad Dog will be available after the bye with McManus...was a little non-commital though as he also said "we're just waiting on him to get clearance from his doctor" but yeah, hope he's back then :)

Spot On

Coach
Scott Dureau has no peer when it comes to defence - don't forget Thurston is tackling with dodgy shoulders and Locky is not as bad as people make out (although he is not the greatest defender). I mean he only captains his club, state and country so I don't think his defence is too great a liability.

Gee Scott is going to have some traffic coming at him. Good luck Rick - not sure you can hide him effectively enough to keep the score fom blowing out.

Serc

First Grade
He'll have Simmo back on his inside this time, and still hasn't got Mad Dog back on his other side - I think they have been the two helping him along this year. Though not 100% sure.

Latest posts