What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights to sign Beau Henry

nrlnrl

First Grade
sorry if there's another thread about him, but this from today's RLW :

"Expect Newcastle to announce the signing of promising Dragon Beau Henry within days"

Serc

First Grade
Yep roops I remember a post of yours a week or so ago, just reminded everyone in my short essay in the Dureau thread that we can sign Beau Henry or any other star/promising half all we like, but if we don't fix our problems in the forwards then everyone (potentially) might call for his head as well.

He certainly has much of the weight of Newcastle upon his shoulders, along with Mullo still of course.

Karmawave

Bench
Not convinced Henry will be a success either, but after what we've put up with for the last 2 years, anything other than what we have currently is worth trying!

And I don't buy into this stuff about ruining halfback careers with poor players around them.

If they're good enough, they come through the other side during tough times - bottom line.

Scott Prince and Mitchell Pearce played first grade in teams who's forwards were getting pumped and suffering big defeats at the start of their careers - and they've turned out ok. Talk about expectations - try being the son of an Australian legend playing in the most important position on the field while still a teenager like Pearce did. That's expectations.

If Henry is good enough, he'll be fine regardless of a poor team. If he fails, there'll be no one to blame but himself.

I think the story Wayne Bennett supposedly chose to keep Kyle Stanley ( who plays a position the Dragons are well covered in ) over Beau Henry ( who only has an ageing Ben Hornby in front of him ) probably isn't the best sign to fill us with any sort of confidence that Henry is going to become everything we've hoped for.

But he'll be better than Dureau - anyone would - so its a start. Right?

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Henry is a good player. He has all the tools like Mullen did. Let's just hope his head is in a good place.

He'll do a fine job.

Karmawave

Bench
It amazes me ( then again, in here it probably doesn't really ) that people still fail to comprehend that wearing 6 or 7 means bugger all in the modern game.

Campese wears 6 and plays first receiver.

Prince wears 7 and often plays 2nd receiver.

Really, its a moot point , and the sooner we get past all this rubbish about Mullen playing " 5/8" etc just because of the number he wears, the better off we'd all be.

Serc

First Grade
Yes modern halves are a little different, but the fact is that Mullen is at his best when using his running game (like a 5/8 or centre) 2 passes wide of the ruck when the platform has been laid for him by the forwards in the predeeding tackles.

Someone still has to play 'halfback' for much of the game when Mullen is on the field.

If Henry is good enough, he'll be fine regardless of a poor team. If he fails, there'll be no one to blame but himself.

This sounds like you're getting the groundwork in early so he can be your new Dureau...you could definitely use it as the cornerstone for it, but I hope that wasn't your intention :)

But he'll be better than Dureau - anyone would - so its a start. Right?

Don't miss a chance do you ;-)

Last edited:

B-dos

Referee
roopy said:
It's getting to a point where i wouldn't wish the Knights 7 jersey on my worst enemy.
We should retire the number.

or just all agree that our 'promising' local juniors (who you have hyped up incessantly since day dot) have been utter failures?

halfback is a position that comes with pressure in any team. there is no more pressure here than anywhere else.

Karmawave

Bench
Hopefully there'll never be another ' Dureau ' for me to rant over ever again Serc. I don't get the enjoyment out of it you think ( or wish ) I do/did.

Johns Magic

Referee
It's getting to a point where i wouldn't wish the Knights 7 jersey on my worst enemy.
We should retire the number.

Haha yeah, Dureau's great we're just too harsh on him...

There is a thread in the NRL section about Dureau, with everyone bagging the f**k out of him and calling him the worst 7 in the comp.

Your constant comments about Knights fans expecting too much from a halfback because we used to have Andrew Johns are the most painfully obvious attempts at sticking up for Dureau and shifting the blame on everyone else.

He is not an adequate NRL halfback, he is pathetic.

We get that you have watched him every week since he was 12 and that he's a nice bloke. We get that you thought he would turn out great and had high hopes.

I'm sorry roopy, it's over. And shifting the blame onto the fans when some of league's most revered experts like Warren Ryan and Phil Gould have openly bagged him as well takes the cake.

roopy

Referee
Haha yeah, Dureau's great we're just too harsh on him...

There is a thread in the NRL section about Dureau, with everyone bagging the f**k out of him and calling him the worst 7 in the comp.

Your constant comments about Knights fans expecting too much from a halfback because we used to have Andrew Johns are the most painfully obvious attempts at sticking up for Dureau and shifting the blame on everyone else.

He is not an adequate NRL halfback, he is pathetic.

We get that you have watched him every week since he was 12 and that he's a nice bloke. We get that you thought he would turn out great and had high hopes.

I'm sorry roopy, it's over. And shifting the blame onto the fans when some of league's most revered experts like Warren Ryan and Phil Gould have openly bagged him as well takes the cake.
If I were a small and petty person, such as yourself, i'd save that till you start bagging out Henry, and no doubt you will.

Latest posts