What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Touch Footy Team 2007

Shazbut

Juniors
Shaun is actually still 15 but over 6ft. Could try passing him as 14 I still think he looks like a kid but at my age so do most of you guys. Let me know if you do need handicaps. Bro coaches footy team of 13 year olds. Could try and rope in two at least. 1 is a pretty talented little player.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think we still need 1 or 2 handicaps.

I think as long as we have about 4 or 5 handicaps it should be ok. As long as we have 2 or 3 handicaps on the field at a time I don't think people are going to bitch and moan too much

astrogirl

First Grade
good luck guys :)

wish I could play but I have an exam that day, plus I am currently injured grrr!!!

aqua_duck

Coach
Its confirmed for 2nd of december

If we can get atleast 7 with 2 handicaps I think we should be good to go, anymore is more than welcome

Shazbut

Juniors
Im definite so with me, Shaun & his cousin thats your two handicaps plus shaun who is 15. My brother is a maybe. What time do we get there. Also what happens if this weather is still here sunday?

Mish

Juniors
sneaky_is_here said:
Can you post full details in one thread?

This is what I know about it.. HJ posted this:

Eels, Tigers, Raiders, Panthers, Sharks and a combined Qld team (Titans, Broncos, Cowboys) are definites. Dragons not 100% sure.

Rules are simple. Combination of touch and league, in that basically league rules but touch instead of tackle.

*You don't have to play the ball with your foot, you can just step over it or roll it (touch)
*Knock back not drop-ball (league)
*Can't be caught from dummy half or hand over (touch)
*Kick on 5th or 6th, but you can only kick on one tackle (meaning if you kick on 5th and get it back, can't kick on 6th)
*Forward pass is hand over, not penalty (league)
*Footy shoes only allowed if accepted by opposition.
*Handicaps (kids u15, chicks, fat blokes or old blokes) must comprise ~50% of team, as usual.
NEW RULE - If a team is behind on the scoreboard, they get the ball from the tap-off after a try. If it's a draw, handover as usual.
*Half your handicaps must be on the field at any one time.
*Don't argue with me.
*$5 each to cover costs of medals, field markers and the BBQ. (On that note, can I have the organiser text or email me with numbers so I can ensure I buy enough food. Cheers)
*9am sharp start, which means you need to be there before 9am and ready to play at 9am if you're called to do so.
*Every team also has additional duties - reffing, score and time keeping, possible bbq duties etc. Roster will be handed out before play starts.

Also you need 7 players and half the team must have handicaps (girls, overweight, over 35, kids under 15).

Better to have alot of players as I think its unlimited interchange so long as the handicaps are met.

Hope to see you get a team together and see you there.

Mish

Juniors
Oh and its at Richie Benaud Oval Nth Parramatta, must be there before 9am ready to play at 9

aqua_duck

Coach
Might be abit hot for jerseys but each to their own, I reckon just any knights gear would be great.

So far we got shazbat +2 (2 handicaps)
stranger
sneaky
myself
northey (handicap)
knights007 (handicap)
devil

anyone else?

aqua_duck

Coach
so we got 5 handicaps and 7 non handicaps so far if everyone is 100%. I think thats good enough to confirm a team provided everyone rocks up on the day

http://nrlfanstouch.cjb.net has the info you guys will need. Any extra inquiries send them to me via Erin, who has my number and has me on msn.

At that site there are draws, looks like we will have an 8 team comp now so I'll fix the site sometime today so it includes you guys. Please note you need to print out your own team form and scorecards (document provided at site) and bring them yourself.

It is VERY important that you are ready to go at 9am SHARP, no matter whether the schedule says you are on then or not. Penalties for teams not ready to go because the day is very long and any delays stuff us up.

Also, will need to know who is City and who is Country in case we can squeeze in a CvC game later in the day. NOTE: It is NOT who you follow, but who you qualify for, so get ready to prove it if you're called up for the game.

If I've missed anything, just get Erin to text or call me. Cheers.

EDIT: it is UNDER 15, meaning 14 year olds. I've been outrun by too many 15 year olds to let them qualify as a handicap :)

This appears to be your schedule, for now at least.

9:00 - play v Panthers
10:00 - ref Eels v Wests
10:40 - play v Dragons
12:00 - play v Sharks
1:20 - play v Wests
1:40 - video Dragons v Eels (need to be ready for a quick changeover from the game prior. real quick)
2:00 - ref Sharks v Qld
2:20 - bbq duty
2:50 - City v Country (if anyone selected)
3:20 - finals begin (if you make it)

EDIT: Changed your ref duties. This makes 4 things, which seems bad initially, but after the game v Wests, the other 3 can be split up between the team so the only real quick turnaround needed is from the game to video at 1:40.