What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights v Sharks Post Match Thread

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
f**king hell!!!!! Thats it im going to volunteer my services for 10 bucks a week ill show up at trainin and every player can tackle the sh*t out of me if it's gonna f**kin help them learn how to tackle!!!!! scuse language. GRRRRRR

roboshark

Coach
well done knights- even though you lost you are definatle on the way up- unlike us who are on a slippery slide ffs

Frederick

Staff member
i'm not too dissappointed in the game. yes, we may have just won ourselves the wooden spoon, but tonights effort shows that we certainly have some fight left in us, and next year should prove very interesting. also congrats joey on 800 career goals

Misanthrope

Staff member
Absolutely sh*thouse.

We come up against a Sharks side in awful form, with our best side of the year, and we still manage to lose. We lead by ten at two separate occasions, and let them back in at every turn. On top of that, our defence (down Tighe/Salkeld's wing) was a f**king embarassment. We let in several soft tries, and had we been playing a decent side, we'd never have made golden point.

MC DUI

Juniors
I only listened on the radio but it sounded like the boys had a good crack at winning that match, now about 3/4 weeks ago I was absolutely begging for a Knights team that bothered another team enough to make them sweat and tonight I cannot complain.

Good on the guys for having a go, I am happy as f'ning larry that my team played well and were a chance of winning. I will be happy for the rest of the season and beyond as long as the Newcastle team continue to compete in games and give me something to cheer for.

I know there are going to be a lot of people on here tomorrow crying about this and that but forget it, its all about the Knights and the efforts they have put in!

Johns Magic

Referee
Salkeld, you officialy suck. I'm sorry, but tonight confirmed it.

Perry was damaging with his hitups and was controlled in his aggression.

Woolnough was soft. This guy makes about 6 metres every hitup. I'm sorry, but he has been abysmal all season.

Simpson, Cooper, Newton, Buderus, Johns were all great.

Am I the only one who felt a bit cheated at halftime when the ref blew the whistle despite the fact that the player had already started to play the ball? Johns slotted a drop goal that would have won us the match. Yet he allowed play on when the Sharks were on the attack in golden point.

Oh yeah. Salkeld, you suck.

Alex28

Coach
Johns Magic said:
Salkeld, you officialy suck. I'm sorry, but tonight confirmed it.

Oh yeah. Salkeld, you suck.

Just as well we have this Carney bloke coming next year...

MC DUI said:
I only listened on the radio but it sounded like the boys had a good crack at winning that match, now about 3/4 weeks ago I was absolutely begging for a Knights team that bothered another team enough to make them sweat and tonight I cannot complain.

Good on the guys for having a go, I am happy as f'ning larry that my team played well and were a chance of winning. I will be happy for the rest of the season and beyond as long as the Newcastle team continue to compete in games and give me something to cheer for.

I know there are going to be a lot of people on here tomorrow crying about this and that but forget it, its all about the Knights and the efforts they have put in!

Mc Dui you needed have watched the game listening to it would have ben enough. If YOU are satisfied for an out of form Sharks outfit to put 30 points on us and us being 20 - 10 in front and losing .... and are pleased with the effort then you suck - Like the team does. The Bunnies may be able to decide the spoon within the next three weeks or 2 weeks if they win next week and we lose.

The day I am satisfied for our Team to avoid the wooden spoon or even to come 2nd last would be a very sad day indeed. Managment and the Board may be satisfied with mediocrity but the Teams 18 years of proud tradition is being disgraced by the current teams of 2005.... injuries or no injuries.. No more excuses or no more comments likes Hagans...Yeah I thought the boys did pretty well and put in a good effort.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Am I the only one who felt a bit cheated at halftime when the ref blew the whistle despite the fact that the player had already started to play the ball? Johns slotted a drop goal that would have won us the match. Yet he allowed play on when the Sharks were on the attack in golden point.

Nah, I was confused as well. Not only was there a second remaining on the clock when the siren went, but the ball was already played and being passed when the ref blew time off. He had an ordinary game in my eyes. Ruled a dropped ball when a three man Cronulla tackle had been told it was 'held' three times, and that knock-on in goal was shoddy to say the least.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
unlucky guys
weather its a bonus
u guys r improving and will be alot better for it next year when u r back to full strength

MC DUI

Juniors
The Little People said:
Mc Dui you needed have watched the game listening to it would have ben enough. If YOU are satisfied for an out of form Sharks outfit to put 30 points on us and us being 20 - 10 in front and losing .... and are pleased with the effort then you suck - Like the team does. The Bunnies may be able to decide the spoon within the next three weeks or 2 weeks if they win next week and we lose.

The day I am satisfied for our Team to avoid the wooden spoon or even to come 2nd last would be a very sad day indeed. Managment and the Board may be satisfied with mediocrity but the Teams 18 years of proud tradition is being disgraced by the current teams of 2005.... injuries or no injuries.. No more excuses or no more comments likes Hagans...Yeah I thought the boys did pretty well and put in a good effort.

Nice response champ! Like I said I didn't watch the match and had to view the game through biased eyes!!! The commentators made it out to be the game of the fa&kin year and how am I to know any better!!!!

If you think I'm happy with the Knights getting flogged and coming last then you are f(&kin joking. Don't you worry I'm up there with passion matey! I have been a member since it was possible and been to every live game I could since 1995.

I want the Knights to achieve for sure, but right now this instant I am happy for a team that gives me a contest to cheer for!

BTW saying that a fellow Knights supporter sucks is sad!

Whats Doing

Bench
Now for all you had bagged me about my thoughts on Salkeld, last night was proof that he has a lot to learn about 1st grade. Yes he can score tries but his defence is atrocious.

Thaiday continues to be a coaches nightmare at the back. Georgie boy has played 2 good games in a row and that is the consistency we need and Cooper went very well when he came on.

Lowrie is a dead set reserve grader and was largely responsible for our poor right side defence and Tanner went missing again.

On the bright side, the team showed tremendous spirit and battled hard, but it is the basics that is letting us down together with a defence that has more holes in it than a shower head. Unless we get these 2 things right, we will be on the bottom next year as well.

Latest posts