What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Forty20

First Grade
He still has time. But it does go to disprove the hypothesis that Qld cup is better than NSW cup if he was their best half last year.

I think that the popular consensus that the QLD Cup (ISC) is the superior competition to the NSW Cup (ISP) is a fallacy that has been perpetuated for a while now. If you go back 5+ years perhaps, maybe the QLD competition has the edge but for a while now I have pegged the cream of the NSW Cup to beat out the best that the QLD Cup has to offer.

There was actually a funny parallel (and a complete coincidence I realise) between the Harold Matthews and the ISP last year. Both domestic grand finals played out as thrilling nail-biters with the Eels downing the Knights in a Matts classic while the Cutters pipped Mounties by a sole point in the ISP title bout. The subsequent national championships were not even remotely close. Parramatta thrashed the Blackhawks with a 32-0 shut out while the Cutters put the 50-burger on the highly touted Burleigh Bears with a 54-12 victory.

As for Fogarty, he definitely possesses all the physical tools needed to succeed but he really has to start bringing it together on the field soon. I would very seriously consider pooling resources towards installing Troy Dargan as the #1 backup at the club moving forwards as it is.

Eelpout

Juniors
Does anyone know how Cameron King went? We need him firing.

Also does anyone know what the deal is with Tanginoa? He has probably been our best for Wenty since he returned from the Cowboys and for the last few weeks he has been relegated to the bench and getting about 20mins game time in each.