What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
I reckon maka could get dropped for guymer. Matto back to the middle with Bryce back? On form it should be Lane but I doubt it.
I think when it comes to Matty, that he will end up on the bench and hands will go to cup.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yep, when Bryce is back you'd expect Matto to return to exclusively middle duties, and Makatoa to drop down again. Although yes, on form I'd use it as a chance to give Lane a bench spell (but BA won't).

Apart from possible injuries, I reckon perhaps it's a debut next year (or final two rounds of this season if we're out of contention) for both?

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
Yep, when Bryce is back you'd expect Matto to return to exclusively middle duties, and Makatoa to drop down again. Although yes, on form I'd use it as a chance to give Lane a bench spell (but BA won't).

Apart from possible injuries, I reckon perhaps it's a debut next year (or final two rounds of this season if we're out of contention) for both?
Yeah I was leaning to thinking next year for both. But watching the warm up on Friday, they both did a full warm up like they were apart of the actual team. Will likely mean they’re very soon to debut

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was on the other side of the pitch but speaking with people who were watching close they were glad the bunker wasn’t in operation at our game for this try

I was right in front martin when he score…..

100% legit try….i don’t think another player at the club would of scored that.

Asi was our MOM I thought.

Guymer, Moretti, Harper and Marthur were also good.

MA is pretty much the best hooker at the club atm, he’s just physically not quite there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
* sterling

cleary about as fast as Andrew Johns, so not very. Solid and hard to tackle when they take on the line but hardly fast
I remember Johns wasn’t fast but had everything else including power and strength. Cleary is fast. He’s a lot like Cooper Cronk, who was also fast.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon maka could get dropped for guymer. Matto back to the middle with Bryce back? On form it should be Lane but I doubt it.
I think when it comes to Matty, that he will end up on the bench and hands will go to cup.
Watching the replay V The GGs, Maka was very timid with his hit ups. Ive always been a fan of his but Matto, when playing middle, and Offa were far more effective. That said Id have him b4 Barlow given he at least brings defensive energy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was right in front martin when he score…..

100% legit try….i don’t think another player at the club would of scored that.

Asi was our MOM I thought.

Guymer, Moretti, Harper and Marthur were also good.

MA is pretty much the best hooker at the club atm, he’s just physically not quite there.
Ta. Im also a fan of Martin. With more experience and good coaching, a wing combo of Martin and Simmonson is much better than our current situation.
And your thoughts on Emu and Cini today please?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ta. Im also a fan of Martin. With more experience and good coaching, a wing combo of Martin and Simmonson is much better than our current situation.
And your thoughts on Emu and Cini today please?

one of Emus’s better games I thought, although the first Bears try wa on him.

Cini has been real good in a position that he’s simply not suited for, always close to the ball and always has a decent crack, he won’t be anymore than a reserve grader though

Soto

Bench
How's this for a backline next year in 1sts
1.Blaize
2. SImonsson
3.Lomax
4.Penisni
5.Martin
6.Dylan
7.Moses

Some serious pace in that lineup..

the phantom menace

First Grade
Agree. Plenty of people wrap Penisini's supposed leadership qualities, once he'd apparently been named the future of the club (before Blaize was given that title more recently). But while his potential may be large, his efforts are middling imo.

Frankly I just haven't seen anything much special there - other than another player that will continue to be a solid (non-rep) first grader but who doesn't seem to be playing to his potential within the current system/set-up.

Soto

Bench
I was disappointed with Wills speed and attitude V The GGs. The Ezra pick up to set up the Walsh try, Will took about 4 steps then totally gave up. Simmonson was the only effort guy to continue to chase.
That was disappointing however I can't say he shirks workload, commitment, effort in everything else.
He's still young and he can be difficult to handle and certainly put a hit on.
Will is a long term parra player
.make no mistake. He has all the qualities to persist with and build a squad around

TheCrowe

Juniors
With Sanders going I cant see any point in developing him further. Does he really provide more then Asi?
Hopefully Mitch will be back this week and we wont have that problem....... until origin.

emjaycee

Coach
With Sanders going I cant see any point in developing him further. Does he really provide more then Asi?
Hopefully Mitch will be back this week and we wont have that problem....... until origin.
Playing Sanders in FG sends a message to some of the other young'uns that if they are good enough and are prepared to bide their time, they will get NRL experience at some point.

emjaycee

Coach
1.Blaize
2. SImonsson
3.Lomax
4.Penisni
5.Martin
6.Dylan
7.Moses

Change out Martin for little Penisini I reckon. He is close to being next in line barring injury and the club see him as a winger.

King-Gutho94

Coach
1.Blaize
2. SImonsson
3.Lomax
4.Penisni
5.Martin
6.Dylan
7.Moses

Is Simmonsson still a lock the effort is there but he is still a dumb footballer.

Butchered 2 tries the other night. The one in open space is inexcusable where Walsh was already moving towards Brown. He was 10m away from the line throw the dummy and you score under the posts.

Latest posts