What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

Coric and Shereb definitely have to go.. Shereb I would have removed 12-18mths ago, I cant believe how little impact he has made (either @ctr or 2nd row) after playing in 2 SG Grandfinals, 1 as captain.. I dont know if ive ever seen him break the line.

Coric has the size/skill... but he should be dominating by now off the bench... I suspect he has mentally given up on a 1st grade career.. especially with Tonga and Latu and Meafou and Hutchinson, plus Stewart, Liu, Webster.. like there is absolutely no spot for him.. and he knows that... even though he has a few years head-start, all be it really unlucky with injury and covid.

Tonga at a minimum I think will be in Cup immediately.. but Stewart probably joins him.. either way a shake up is coming.

Muhleissen is the other one.. does he just need more time? For me its his lack of acceleration and we cant fix that.. Im obviously no expert but when I watch him as a dummy half, there is a window of time when he can take advantage of laziness from the markers, and he sees it but cant get there in time.. anyway so for me he is moved on end of year also, but we need someone to replace him.. he is still providing 1st grade coverage right now also.

The Broncos and Souths games show how quickly 1 bad week can turn your season, 3-4 serious if not season ending injuries.. kaboom.. its very hard to balance that 30+6 man squad.
Shereb hasn't played much this year anyway. He is definitely on the outer. It's quite common for good SG Ball players to struggle in NSW Cup. It is a lot harder than SG Ball. Most SG Ball players don't ever play NSW Cup.

Coric is going OK in NSW Cup. He probably won't make NRL at the Dragons. But he is not taking up a top 30 contract and he is a much better player than Fifita. Could stay around on a train and trial contract next year.

I think the SG Ball kids will go into Flegg.

Flanno is clearly not a fan of Muhlheissen. His defence is good, but his dummy half work is not great. Perhaps the Flegg hooker moves up to NSW Cup next year?

There was one really good run right at the end of the game from one of them. Not sure which one. But honestly, I didn’t see any stand outs. I think he’d prob do just as good, or slightly better than Lawrie. The whole game was a mistake a thon. Balls thrown in over the side line. Dropped bombs. As soon as Newtown scored in the second half they got a roll on and the dragons looked like the first grade team that played against the roosters last week
The run you remember was Alec's.

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors

Computer glitch human error what ever but it hasn't happened

Dragon David

First Grade
Not a good start, just lost JF after being ahead at half time 10-6 and lost 22-16, once again a shit second half.
Not good justa! Where is all this fitter, stronger, better endurance gone for all of the players in the our teams? Haven't we employed better conditioners, trainers, fitness gurus to play for the full 80 minutes or do they just run out of gas because they just give up?

justadragon

Bench
Not good justa! Where is all this fitter, stronger, better endurance gone for all of the players in the our teams? Haven't we employed better conditioners, trainers, fitness gurus to play for the full 80 minutes or do they just run out of gas because they just give up?
Yeah Dave I'm not too sure without seeing the game, it could have been a number of things and I'm not too sure how much input the fitness guys have in JF.

TheRev

First Grade
I wonder whether we are one of the few clubs not to push our SG boys up.. noting that most of them finished their season a month ago... im not saying this is the only thing.. but we are handicapping ourselves.

Interesting they moved Quinn to fullback today (Rumble still out) and LKT/Ward the halves.. rly looking forward to tuesdays team day and see what gets named.

These guys have a podcast and post on twitter. They cover NRL and also lower grades. Here is their NSW Cup team of the week.

The League Scene

@LeagueScenePod

TLS #NSWCup R9 TOTW 1 Taine Tuaupiki 2 Sam Stonestreet 3 Jesse McLean 4 Moala Graham-Taufa 5 Jeral Skelton 6 Laurie 7 Sexton 8 Regan Hughes 9 Turpin 10 Brock Gray 11 Mat Croker 12 Kyle Pickering 13 Ryan Couchman 14 Adam Cook 15 Dockar-Clay 16 Toby Couchman 17 Austin Dias

After 9 rounds, both Toby and Ryan have made this team 5 times. Toby has only played 7 games (Dragons had a bye, and he missed a game as 18th man v Newcastle). Ryan has only really played 6 games (Bye, HIA no return first minute v Manly, 11 day stand down next week).

denis preston

First Grade
These guys have a podcast and post on twitter. They cover NRL and also lower grades. Here is their NSW Cup team of the week.

The League Scene
@LeagueScenePod

TLS #NSWCup R9 TOTW 1 Taine Tuaupiki 2 Sam Stonestreet 3 Jesse McLean 4 Moala Graham-Taufa 5 Jeral Skelton 6 Laurie 7 Sexton 8 Regan Hughes 9 Turpin 10 Brock Gray 11 Mat Croker 12 Kyle Pickering 13 Ryan Couchman 14 Adam Cook 15 Dockar-Clay 16 Toby Couchman 17 Austin Dias

After 9 rounds, both Toby and Ryan have made this team 5 times. Toby has only played 7 games (Dragons had a bye, and he missed a game as 18th man v Newcastle). Ryan has only really played 6 games (Bye, HIA no return first minute v Manly, 11 day stand down next week).
Mmmmm, love to know why they don’t get a run in the top side. How can you burn out young players when they will probably only play 15 to 20 minutes?

TheRev

First Grade
The kids that miss out on playing Flegg or KOE Cup....like Ackers, Jesse Williams etc....do they get to play somewhere else like local grade teams?
I think Ackers was carrying an injury all through the later part of the season, so I reckon thats holding him up.. there is no way he wont move up, hes one of NRL Dev players right now.

DragonsSteve confirmed Jesse Williams doesnt have an injury.. so that I find very strange..apparently his manager is chasing a new deal now.. but surprised he didnt move straight into Flegg or Cup.