What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Korbin Sims 2020

Dragon David

First Grade
In my opinion Korbin will move on at the end of this season or maybe even retire on medical grounds.
I don't think Korbin has done much since coming to the Dragons and should he be moved on at the end of the year or retire, his absence from the team will not be unduly missed in my opinion. In my opinion, and I am not a medic, having the same arm fractured in the same place will require a significant time for the bone to heal and as I have said earlier, he will not be tackling too hard and be tentative in tackles when he returns to the playing field. A strong guard will be required to protect from further breakages i'd say.
I know we will be down on forward power in his absence, but they are the "breaks" and the Dragons will need to lift even more to stamp some sort of authority in each game. Yeah right, that will be the day!!

Father Ted

First Grade
McInnes’s propensity for brain farts i.e. poor discipline often leaves me annoyed. Vaughan’s form stagnation is frustrating, but that’s more coaching related than anything else.

How could the coach disappoint? ,we knew what to expect..

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
In latest news:

* The injury curse continues at the Dragons with hard-running forward Korbin Sims ruled out for the next six weeks following surgery for a broken arm.

In a major blow for both the 28-year-old and St George-Illawarra fans, Sims underwent surgery on Wednesday after originally injuring his arm at the Perth Nines last month.

Initial scans taken a fortnight ago came back positive for Sims.

However, persistent pain led to follow-up scans last week which, much to his disappointment, revealed a small fracture.

It’s also the second time he has broken his arm, having suffered a similar injury in April last year.

The loss of Sims is a cruel blow for head coach Paul McGregor only 10-days out from the club’s first-round clash with the Wests Tigers in Wollongong.

Sims’ injury frustration is compounded by the fact that McGregor is already dealing with serious upheaval to his round one line-up which includes the unavailability of captain Cameron McInnes (knee), fullback Matt Dufty (cheekbone) and prop-forward Josh Kerr (knee).

Lock Jack de Belin— part of the club’s 30-man roster — remains stood down by the NRL while veteran forward James Graham’s pre-season preparation has been limited after he was rested from each of the club’s pre-season trial matches.

The loss of Sims for at least the first first month of the season will force McGregor to rely onTyson Frizell, Paul Vaughan and Graham to lead a Dragons pack whose depth, as result of injuries, is under significant strain before a ball has even been kicked.

— David Riccio

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...t/news-story/81781cf1c63bea211535e3d30f59f2c4

Why was Graham being "rested"- old age?

boardlumps62

Juniors
Find a youngish Islander to replace him if needed. There is so many fringes at all clubs just need to ID and give them the opportunity.