What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krill oil

Had bad Golfers elbow with bad pain running up to my shoulder.Tried everything with little success.
Was put onto Krill oil by a nurse i work with,she swore it was great for her Arthritis.
Was sceptical,but gave it a go .Took Two 1000 mg tabs a day for a month.
Best thing i ever did.Am now pain free & can rotate my outstrecthed arm inwards(before was near impossible)with no trouble.
Take 1 a day now & would reccomend them to anyone having ongoing joint/arthritic problems.

Generalzod

Immortal
Had bad Golfers elbow with bad pain running up to my shoulder.Tried everything with little success.
Was put onto Krill oil by a nurse i work with,she swore it was great for her Arthritis.
Was sceptical,but gave it a go .Took Two 1000 mg tabs a day for a month.
Best thing i ever did.Am now pain free & can rotate my outstrecthed arm inwards(before was near impossible)with no trouble.
Take 1 a day now & would reccomend them to anyone having ongoing joint/arthritic problems.

Thanks I'll give it a go.......

taipan

Referee
Been using it for a month ,no backpains at all,after much exercising.
Seems more effective than fish oil.

Utey

Coach
Definitely more effective for me then fish oil! This stuff works magic.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Don't know about krill oil but my father-in-law was having tests re his prostate and was told to lay off the fish oil tablets.

Apparently fish oil increases the risk of prostate cancer.

Myth 3 -- Fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) decrease prostate cancer risk. "This sounds reasonable, based on an association of inflammation with prostate cancer and the anti-inflammatory effects of omega-3 fatty acids," Kristal said. However, two large, well-designed studies -- including one led by Kristal that was published last year in the American Journal of Epidemiology -- have shown that high blood levels of omega-3 fatty acids increase the odds of developing high-risk prostate cancer.
Analyzing data from a nationwide study of nearly 3,500 men, they found that those with the highest blood percentages of docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, an inflammation-lowering omega-3 fatty acid commonly found in fatty fish, have two-and-a-half times the risk of developing aggressive, high-grade prostate cancer compared to men with the lowest DHA levels. "This very sobering finding suggests that our understanding of the effects of omega-3 fatty acids is incomplete," Kristal said.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120822181238.htm