What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Chance Saloon.....or not.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
What i'd like to know is how the NRL allowed this match to eb played in the mid day heat that they are playing in. It's a huge advantage to the Cowboys.

icewind

Juniors
home final. local environment and conditions is part of the 'home town advantage'. just as playing at mt smart stadium in ice cold windy conditions is an advantage for the warriors.

Martli

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
What i'd like to know is how the NRL allowed this match to eb played in the mid day heat that they are playing in. It's a huge advantage to the Cowboys.

And they earned that advantage by beating the bulldogs. We lost to Parramatta, if we had won, we'd have hometown advantage against bulldogs. The heat is a weak excuse.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
The Cowboys deserve there home ground advantage, what i'm asking is why wasn't this game played at night like the last 100 games played in Townsville to take the heat out the game.

icewind

Juniors
Sam_the_man said:
Bit of a difference between being a little cold and heat exhaustion.

windy wet n icy conditions that the warriors are at home in, that suits their big forwards.

hot dry conditions such as today, suit the smaller guys, the backs as the forwards tire.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Sam_the_man said:
The Cowboys deserve there home ground advantage, what i'm asking is why wasn't this game played at night like the last 100 games played in Townsville to take the heat out the game.

It's f**ked up, but the heat wasn't responsible for that performance.

Put a bunch of us from the forumz together against the Cowboys and we wouldn't have played so dumb.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dr Crane said:
It's f**ked up, but the heat wasn't responsible for that performance.

Put a bunch of us from the forumz together against the Cowboys and we wouldn't have played so dumb.

Disagree, they were obviously f**ked in the second half. Apart from Rovelli who needs his arse kicked for running it on the last with nothing to gain a couple of times.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Hell yeah, as long as you give me the ball as you will be playing halfback.

Ozbash and Skinner will be making good metres up the middle. Now thats a preimership winning combination.

Rich102

Staff member
Too frustrated to comment at length. But short comment goes something like this: First you catch the ball then you run. If you are waiting for a pass you wait behind the man who is going to pass the ball.
Worst game of the year and the heat from the sun had very little to do with it.

Moment of the game for me was four minutes from the end when McKinnon rushed up to tell Luaki to cool it! Wow!

So now we lose four or five regular first graders and get a ESL hooker and Brent Tate; let's hope some of the youngsters get a run next year because those two aren't going to fix all the problems on display today.

Latest posts