What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late Changes......Fai is in

Hatzy said:
Back rower Sonny Fai is the player omitted from a five-man bench by the Vodafone Warriors for today’s 10th-round NRL clash against Wests Tigers at Mt Smart Stadium.
Fai (19) was in contention to make his NRL debut after he was named on an enlarged bench alongside Lance Hohaia, Evarn Tuimavave, Epalahame Lauaki and Corey Lawrie.
But the decision was made to leave the big forward out so he could again play for the Vodafone Auckland Lions in the New South Wales Premier League curtain-raiser against Balmain Ryde.

www.warriors.co.nz

F*ck that

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
Fai was okay for the Lions today.

Couldn't blame him for being a bit down considering he probably had high hopes about playing first grade.

Personally I think it's a poor decision. It won't make any difference to whether we win or lose the match, but I don't see what Lauaki could have learnt in his one week off or what Lawrie brings to the team if he's only going to be given 10-15 mins at the end.

Hatzy said:
But the decision was made to leave the big forward out so he could again play for the Vodafone Auckland Lions in the New South Wales Premier League curtain-raiser against Balmain Ryde.

www.warriors.co.nz

haha i bet sonny is happy about that, geesh the warriors are very kind letting sonny play in the curtain raiser!

Skram

Juniors
Captain Charisma said:
Yeah it was a great move playing Lawrie wasn't it.......wait did he actually play?

He played and played quite well at least he still has the enthusiasm of a debutant but he was somewhat poor in his defensive read on the Morris try. Couldn't help but think when Lawrie was returning to the field late in the game with the Warriors 8 points down that it would have been so much nicer to unveil an attacking weapon like Fai into the type of situation he could thrive as opposed to sending out your workhorse second rower who's unlikely to spark anything in attack.

Latest posts