What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lauatiti to the Bulldogs

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
bytheway Twizz, i truly love your avatar at the moment
dodge.. spin... thrust... parry! :lol:

We haven't heard Wags comment much about his form....or anything really lol but I was just reading this weeks RLW where he states "I haven't been playing well for over 2 years now"
He says he doesn't know what the problem is and has been training really hard.
I know he has copped alot of bagging over the past few years, but he is a quality player who as we know is not playing to his full potential, as happens to MANY players. While he hasn't been outstanding this year, I don't think he's done anything majorly wrong either.

As for Webster...dead wood?! I don't think so!

parra pete

Referee
Wagon is (or was) about fifth in the NRL top list of tacklers prior to suspension. He'll come good. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eels Dude said:
Eelementary said:
I may be one of the few, but I wish he'd come to Parramatta.

Sign him, release all the dead wood(no bull Brian; useless players are out) and then spend spend spend on our juniors.

With Jamie's money we can stand to do this, and by releasing dead wood we stand a further chance.

If he doesn't sign with us, I hope he remains in the NRL (he's too good a player to play Super League) but not with the Dogs or Roosters.

Like who? I can't think of any players in our side who are 'dead wood'. All of them have potential.

By dead wood I simply mean players who are not performing or we do not need:

Katavirata
McKinnon
Lyon
etc.

Players who don't figure in our plans our are not playing well.

Then use this money to sign juniors and Ali.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Eels Dude said:
Eelementary said:

Sign him, release all the dead wood(no bull Brian; useless players are out) and then spend spend spend on our juniors.

With Jamie's money we can stand to do this, and by releasing dead wood we stand a further chance.

If he doesn't sign with us, I hope he remains in the NRL (he's too good a player to play Super League) but not with the Dogs or Roosters.

Like who? I can't think of any players in our side who are 'dead wood'. All of them have potential.

How many premier league games have you seen??

I personally thought Wade McKinnon has been 1 of our best in the last couple of weeks.

Katavirata
McKinnon
Lyon
etc.

Parraren

Bench
queanbeyhole hindy fan said:
We haven't heard Wags comment much about his form....or anything really lol but I was just reading this weeks RLW where he states "I haven't been playing well for over 2 years now"
He says he doesn't know what the problem is and has been training really hard.
I know he has copped alot of bagging over the past few years, but he is a quality player who as we know is not playing to his full potential, as happens to MANY players. While he hasn't been outstanding this year, I don't think he's done anything majorly wrong either.

We'll see Wag's back to his best form when he REALLY moves back to lock FULL-TIME. I know we are supposedly playing with 2 locks now anyway but Wag's still seems to be getting too involved with the ball in his hands when we're on the attack much like a 5/8 usually does. This is where he struggles because he ain't a ball playing forward. If and when we choose to play with a traditional 5/8 (Witt, Thorman) we'll see Wag's back to his best at lock although I wouldn't mind seeing him back in the centres now that Jamie ain't coming back either.

Eels Dude

Coach
eelavation said:
Eelementary said:
Eels Dude said:
Eelementary said:

How many premier league games have you seen??

I personally thought Wade McKinnon has been 1 of our best in the last couple of weeks.

Katavirata
McKinnon
Lyon
etc.

Players like Kateverater and McKinnon would be on hardly an money at all. Releasing those guys wouldn't free much money under the cap and thus wouldn't solve any problems.